iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello From Mississippi

Started by Southern_Angel, June 21, 2005, 09:18:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southern_Angel

My husband c44u,  ( Jimmy ) just joined this site last week, and is thinking of buying a saw mill, so I figured  " Well since he's spending hours here, thinking of ways to put me to work, I better see what he's getting me into...  :D "  So guys where should I start??

Any way good to meet you all.

And to you all

Have  A Wonderful Blessed Day.

Shelia  ( An Southern Angel )
--Photos MUST be in the Forestry Forum gallery!!!!!--][/url]

God Is Wonderful

Jeff

Welcome to the forum Shelia!

Well, I recently brought home a protable bandmill and for the last week my wife has been my biggest customer for the lumber. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Welcome to the forum Shelia!  I hope you have as much fun here as I've had over the years.  Lots of fine folks.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

OneWithWood

Similar to Jeff, ever since I brought my mill home my sweet wife has had no shortage of ideas about what I should make her next  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

jerry-m

Yeah, welcome  Shelia.

After visting on line for awhile you will feel like you know everybody quite well...

The piggie roast is a great place to meet in person coming up in just over a month...

Too far for a poor boy like me but some day maybe...
Jerry

Southern_Angel

Yeah well, he's diffinatly in for a treat if he gets one of these mills. " Don't tell him though I said that "   ;D   I'm sure I will keep him busy..  He loves to work with wood any how. When he needs my help , I am usually right there with him.. I really do enjoy working with him.

But anyhoo, thanks for all the welcomes.

He has meantioned he'd like to come to some of your gatherings sometimes, so I feel I should get to know all you guys before we do. He's been talking to me about everything, so just keep us up todate with all the new events ok.. We'll love to come sometime. One question though "  Are kids invited to come too? We have three " Ages 12, 9 and 4 all girls..

God Is Wonderful

Jeff

Shelia, The Forestry Forum is a family site and as you get to know it, you will see that we insist upon it. I know that our members with kids of the same age as yours will be the first to back me up on that.  We are diligent in our work to keep the Forestry Forum fit for any age.

maple flats

Hello Southern_Angel. We all have fun here. I have been cutting a few 1000 BF of cherry, now my wife doesn't want me to sell any, she has a bunch of ideas on how to use it. I reminded her that I wanted to make some $ with the mill but she still wants me to make things for the house with it. Go figure. Oh yea, welcome aboard, you're in good company now.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Southern_Angel

Quote from: maple flats on June 21, 2005, 09:48:34 AM
Hello Southern_Angel. We all have fun here. I have been cutting a few 1000 BF of cherry, now my wife doesn't want me to sell any, she has a bunch of ideas on how to use it. I reminded her that I wanted to make some $ with the mill but she still wants me to make things for the house with it. Go figure. Oh yea, welcome aboard, you're in good company now.

Well you know how us women are,  ;D  We have to always put you guys busy doing something for us.. 

The money does sound good... but money isn't everything either.  Gotta keep her happy.. Maybe you can get enough to do both.. Then you can be happy and she can too..

Bless You,

Southern Angel

God Is Wonderful

Jeff

Here is a thread showing the first big project Tammy and I have tackled together using our bandmill. :)

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12636.0

Fla._Deadheader

Welcome Sheila,  8).

You may or may not be surprised, that there are several wives, Daughters, Female members here. I'm sure they will ALL keep you clued in as to whats happening around here. We have a great couple that also live in Missississiippppii  ;) ;D

Find the members list access, on the bottom of the page, and look up cktate and kimtate. They are in North Mississiissipppisssi.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Southern_Angel

Quote from: Jeff B on June 21, 2005, 10:08:47 AM

Here is a thread showing the first big project Tammy and I have tackled together using our bandmill. :)

Thanks Jeff going there now!!  8)

God Is Wonderful

Southern_Angel

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on June 21, 2005, 10:13:51 AM
 Welcome Sheila,  8).

You may or may not be surprised, that there are several wives, Daughters, Female members here. I'm sure they will ALL keep you clued in as to whats happening around here. We have a great couple that also live in Missississiippppii  ;) ;D

Find the members list access, on the bottom of the page, and look up cktate and kimtate. They are in North Mississiissipppisssi.  ;D ;D

Thanks for that imformation. Let me look at what Jeff sent me and I'll check that out..  Sounds like you guys are like just one big happy family here!! Thats really cool.. We both enjoy meeting new people, and as you see, I'm no stranger, at the least.  ;D

An Southern Angel

God Is Wonderful

Southern_Angel

Quote from: Jeff B on June 21, 2005, 10:08:47 AM

Jeff that's pretty awesome.. We have plans to build us a log house with an in ground swimming pool. I am sure this will be a project as well for us. Nice job..

An Southern Angel

God Is Wonderful

GF

Welcome to the forum, you will find this forum is like one big family.  Thanks to Jeff and all the forum admins they keep this forum family oriented. 

3-4 yrs I told my wife I was going to build my own sawmill, thanks to the knowledge of these forum members their input was very helpful, and made it happen.  My wife never thought I could be as busy cutting lumber for others as I am.  I work full time at a day job and do sawmilling on the side.

I have to say this forum has some of the finest folks I have met, I hope I get the opportunity to meet may more in the future.

Southern_Angel

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure this is what  my husband will do as well. Starting off any how.. He has a full time job too. Plus, I'm not sure if he has meantioned. We have a gun smithing business as well. Me being a house wife, I take care of the business calls, and such, while he's at work.. So this will work out well, if he gets business started off on the right foot.  ;D

God Is Wonderful

mometal77

Shelia you have found a forum with more knowledge than one person knows what to do with welcome.  I am going to buy my mill today got ahold of the gentleman.  And i also found a local supplier that will sell my product. Wish you luck on the finding of your own mill.
Maple flats all too funny.  I hope i can find someone as interested in it as i will become.. :D 8) ::)
bob
deming,wa
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Southern_Angel

Thank You.. Well I have read through alot of the threads here , and looking through this stuff, makes me look like I have no knowledge,  :'(  I think I will let my husband handle this bigger stuff, he's the man of the house.. He has alot more knowledge than I can begin too..  when it comes to this kinds of stuff.. I'll be around though reading the forums.

An Southern Angel

God Is Wonderful

Southern_Angel

So okay, tell me.. How long does it normally take to get the wood, and clean it and all that stuff to build  alog cabin??

God Is Wonderful

Jeff

Well thatdependson where the wood is in relation to where you want to build, what you want to build, and what your skills are in each step of the way.  We have a section of the forum dedicated to log and timber frame construction.

Southern_Angel, here is part of the forum that you can read that requires no wood experience to enjoy, actually much of the forum is that way, but if you like to smile, try the funny story thread.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=171.0

beenthere

Whhoops Southern_Angel !   Who 'cleans' it?   ::) :D ;D

Welcome to the forum.  (My Brother-in-law is from Mississippi. Sure glad to hear there is at least one angel from there.   ;D ;D ;D ;D )
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Southern_Angel

Thank You Jeff appreciate that.. will check it out..  And for the guy above me here... lol.. My husband may tell you differant.. But I am His Angel.. I try to be a good Angel until I get PO.. Then I let the devil get the best of me, sometimes.. Not an perfect Angel.. I'll admitt it..

God Is Wonderful

Teri

Hey Sheila... Welcome Aboard!!!   8) 8) 8)

You'll like it on here. Ya never know what will happen!  :D :D :D

Roxie

Sheila, it's very nice to meet you.   :)  Whether or not your husband gets the mill, you will learn so much and you'll be suprised at how much you can contribute too.  For instance, do you cook?   ???  This is the eatingest crowd in the world!   :D  All topics eventually turn to food....you'll see!   ;)
Say when

Patty

I want to join in and welcome you and the hubby to the forum. It is a great place to chat with old friends, and to meet new friends.  ;)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Ernie

Sheila

Welcome to our international family, sounds like you'll fit in well.

This mob helped me through a tough time with the illness and passing of my dad, You wont find a better bunch anywhere.

The only problem is Patty and her strawberries :D :D :D :D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Patty

You know Ernie, I wasn't gonna mention strawberries again, but you asked for it!  :D Perhaps I hadn't post a pic of fresh strawberries slathered over Norm's homemade vanilla custard ice cream.  :D   Yum
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Roxie

Do ya see what I mean?   ???  Food is everywhere!   :D :D
Say when

Ernie

I surrender, you win Patty :'( :'(
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

mometal77

Quote from: Ernie on June 21, 2005, 09:41:24 PM
I surrender, you win Patty :'( :'(
Ernie
and to just think apple pickings are coming up yummies apple dumplins..
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Southern_Angel

Hello and thank you all....   I believe we will fit in just fine here.   ;D Looks like you guys are fun to be around.. Just right down our alley.. hehehe...

I see someone loves to cook..  ;D  theres a bunch of folks on here. And if this place is about food, no wonder they're coming in this way.. My husband is tempted to come to the pig roast.. But needs to know where it's gonna be located??  *smile*

I saw the strawberried Patty. Those were  a beautiful bunch of strawberries..  I have some blackberries behind my house. Was thinking of picking them today to make  a blackberry cober. I haven't had one since I was  a little girl.

But any way so nice to meet all. you guys!! I know I will fit in just fine here,  I'm  a sweet down to earth kinda gal, from the country of MIssissippi.  ( My husband on the other hand , I want go there, hehehe )  No really, he has to put up with me ya know,  ;D We live out in the boon docks.. I quess you can call it..

I always love reaching out and giving a hand when someone needs one or maybe two.  ;D  . I love making new friends..   8) 

And Ernie , sorry to hear about your dad. Time is a growing process, but the memories will always remain. It is those, that keep us, strong, through the Lord..  God Bless You..

By the way you guys, I'm an writer, I have been writing poetry, short stories and song lyric's since age 9. Any of you ever done any of those??  Pm me.. I love to read others work as well.. 8)

God Bless you All.

XX Southern_Angel XX

God Is Wonderful

isawlogs

Sheila ... welcome to the forrestry and food ... the place to eat and chat about food  wood , Nice to meet you . 
Marcel 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Stump Jumper

Southern Angel

Welcome to the forum.  It is family orientated we let our 9 and 11 year old read it.  If something gets out of hand one of the admins moves or deletes the thread.

The Pigroast is in Harrison Michigan at Jeff B's Home.

Jeff and Delcy
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Southern_Angel

Thank You Stump, we thought maybe it was in Tenn. We were going to try an make it, but we;ll have to pass this time.. Sorry Jeff..   You guys have  ablast though.. Maybe another time to come we'll catch up with you all, if it's in the Lords Will..

God Bless You All,

Southern_Angel

God Is Wonderful

fstedy

WELCOME   SOUTHERN_ANGEL
                             smiley_biggrin01               
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Tony

Welcome, Southern Angel

From one Mississippian to another, hello there's something for everyone
here. IF you are looking for advice on anything, a laugh, or just a good read
everynow and then, it's here at the FF.

Again welcome,Tony 8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

tnlogger

Wal i'll be DanGed i lay out for a little while come back and dem wives and daughter and such got em another helper,  ;D well all I can say is welcome welcome    Welcome, Southern Angel  we needs more of the fairer gender on here. gene
gene

Grinch

Hello Southern_Angel

m also new here to the forum.  I do work for Peterson Sawmills in New Zealand, but i'm not here to push our mill into your face, just a nice hello or "kia ora".  Thats hello in my native language.  Well good luck and spend a bit of time looking at all the options.
Darron Kereama

Southern_Angel

Thank You guys, I really do appreciate all the nice , kind welcomes.. Got lots of friendly folks here.. " I really like meeting nice folks "  Any way, Grinch... even if you were, I'd still be nice to ya, hehehe.. I'm just looking at the pictures and trying to keep up with all the post on my threads. I think I am gonna let the hubby dearest, decide on that sawmill.. That way, if he later has regrets.. I want be apart of it..  I'll be  anice little wifey and stand beside him with whatever decission he makes..

I just pray he makes the right decission for our family.. by allowing God to lead him in the right direction..

Any way... you guys have  avery blessed evening see you all tomorrow..

God Bless, Southern_Angel

God Is Wonderful

Pete J

Welcome to the forum.

I like the sunset photo on your tag line. I have a similar one printed on my business cards.

Southern_Angel

Thank Ya for the welcome and the complimentes on my sunset pic.. LogRite .

Is such a peaceful veiw I could not pass it up..   ;D 

Southern_Angel

God Is Wonderful

Thank You Sponsors!