iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

my lastest project (pic)

Started by moosehunter, June 21, 2005, 07:45:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

This is the new porch I am building with My Own Wood 8).
Nothing quite a satisfying as doing it all yourself.

That is Odie and Spaz guarding the new construction.
the post are Locust 4x4, some are full length, some are laminated with pine from 1/2 way up. Hard to find Locust that is 12' straight. I will order the roof metal today. Hope to finish this weekend so I can start sawing again.

DanG, I can post a picture, Thanks!
mh
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Fla._Deadheader

All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

OneWithWood

Good job.
I have to agree with your observation that there is nothing more satisfying than building something out of lumber you made  8)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

jerry-m

Good job there M H 8)

And the picture posting is great, Large enough that I can see detail unlike some others...

But what the heck last time I tried to post a picture I failed... Sometime when I have time I'am going to try again :'(
Jerry

maple flats

Looks good. Must be ready for steel roofing, I always like steel, It lasts longer and goes up easier. Can't see why roofing companies charge more for it.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

SwampDonkey

Keep up the good work moosehunter. It certainly satisfying to use your own wood, as I've cut wood from the woodlot and had it milled for future projects. Been air drying for a few years now.  ;D :)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ernie

Lookin good moosehunter.  Look forward to the finished pics.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

isawlogs

Aint nothing like taking a log and bringing it to where you can put a nail into it and make things like that happen .   Great job , keep up the pic taking and let us know see how it all looks like once you can sit and have a cold one on it  ;) :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mometal77

Moosehunter looks like a great weekend project.
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

moosehunter

Just put the last screws in the roof last night. Sandy just has to stain it and it is done. On to the garage project!

The old deck is to the left, I was gonna burn it, but was out voted (1 to 3/4, I only get 3/4 of a vote on things like this ;D) so it will stay next to the new porch and will be used for the weber and other important stuff. Probably flowers!

submarinesailor

Moosehunter,

I know all about that voting thing.  I am lucky to get ½ of a vote. ::) :D ::) :D ::) :D

Bruce/subsailor

isawlogs

Sheeessss ... you guys are lucky to get a vote !!!!!
  Its really looking good .
What size of a garage would she like ....  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

OneWithWood

or even a discussion  :D

Turned out pretty good, MH.  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

moosehunter

believe it or not Marcel, I get the majority vote on the garage 8)

isawlogs

QuotePosted on: Today at 10:52:43Posted by: moosehunter 

believe it or not Marcel, I get the majority vote on the garage 
Yes isn't that what we all think ...  ;) ;D

How big you planning on going with the garage  ???   No matter how big you go , I can tell you wright now ... it aint going to be big enough ..  ;D  They never are  :)

Marcel

moosehunter

This is a "temporary" garage. 24x30. I will build a 30x40 next to the new house when we build it. I KNOW it won't be big enough, but I do have my shop, 4 lifts, five bays and 55 hours a week that is my second home.
Actually it isn't much fun fixin' stuff at night when I spend all day fixin' other peoples cars.

UNCLEBUCK

Good job m.h. !  I dont know about voting yet but I dont think I am going to like voting ! :D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Thank You Sponsors!