Sponsors:

Younger Folks

Started by Bibbyman, July 17, 2002, 06:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: WDH on March 02, 2017, 08:15:38 PM
Grits can keep you regular.

If you eat them regular.  :)
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Logger RK

Since this is a thread on Younger Folks,and I haven't figured out how to post pictures from a cell phone. There's a picture of My Youngest Son in the November 2016 issue of Great Lakes Timber Producers Association Magazine. It's The Tug O War picture. He's the one with the short hair cut. My Other Son's knee is right behind him. It when Wisconsin pulled Michigan. 8) Sounds like that don't happen very often.

Logger RK

A sad update on My Son I just posted about earlier. He Passed Away in a ATV accident on March 19th. He was a Great Son as well as a Great Man and a Great Logger. He was 28 years old. He was also a Organ Donor & he helped 5 different people with The Gift Of Life.

thecfarm

That is sad to hear. Too young to live this great place of life.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Logger RK, you were very blessed to have a son who not only gave on earth but is continually giving life to others in the future.
Prayers to you and your family.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Bruno of NH

Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

gspren

As sad as it is, in multiple ways your son lives on. Condolences.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

nativewolf

Quote from: logger RK on April 07, 2017, 05:25:03 AM
A sad update on My Son I just posted about earlier. He Passed Away in a ATV accident on March 19th. He was a Great Son as well as a Great Man and a Great Logger. He was 28 years old. He was also a Organ Donor & he helped 5 different people with The Gift Of Life.

Wow Logger RK, I dont know what to say.  So glad he was an Organ Donor.... *DanG..hang tough, your family & his friends are going to need you. 
Liking Walnut

Magicman

Words do not come easy in times like this.  I certainly can not relate because I have never been in your shoes.  I do offer my sincere condolences during this time of sorrow and loss.  Cherish the memories.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

sawguy21

I am truly sorry for your loss, I can't imagine a greater pain than losing a child. :'(
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandhills

There are no words, we lost who we claimed as our son in law several months ago but considered him our son anyway to a car accident, he was 26.  Stay strong, it'll never get better but it will get a little easier and after awhile you will actually laugh sometimes when something sparks a memory of him.  Thoughts and prayers for all.

Logger RK

Thank you for the kind words and support. Me and My Wife received his Ashes yesterday. He told his Brothers if he Died where he'd want his Ashes to be scattered. On a Rock Ridge not far from are Home. He got his Biggest White tail Buck there. (Which is mounted & hanging on my wall now looking at Me while I write this). Me and My other Son went to are Logging site yesterday for the first time since this happened. We were pretty quiet. But we started my Hahn to make sure no water got in it from sitting to long. And also so the neighbor's heard The Deitrot and know we'll be OK. I read a good quote yesterday. You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have. Bob Marley. And by the way,My Son's name was Andrew. Everyone called him Andy. I appreciate this forum very much. Thank You's All.

barbender

Wow RK, I am so sorry for your loss. I can't even imagine.
Too many irons in the fire

dgdrls

Logger RK,  so very sorry for your loss, 
our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

D

coxy

Logger RK

One last thing I'd like to say is,if you have a Honda Rancher with over 2000 miles I'd change the steering tie rod's. I was told that Andy hit some pot holes on the dirt road going around 25mph & the inner tie rod end came off. Causing that side wheel to  turn sharp,causing it to flip. He held on to the handle bars as it flipped. I have the same make & model of wheeler with over 26,000 & they have come off on me,but usually going through a rough trail at slow speed. We never even thought it would happen as it did. I have His 88 Chevy with his wheeler in the back & I go look at it once in awhile. Trying to make sense of it. But if he was wearing a helmet it would've turned out for the better,I think anyways.

caveman

RK, I am sorry for your loss. 
Caveman

sandsawmill14

logger RK i am just seeing this for the first time and i am truly sorry for your loss  ;) we lost a daughter  about 21 years ago as an infant and i know it takes a while to get anywhere close to back to normal but hang in there you can do it :)

we buried mom yesterday and as sad as it was it was nowhere close to bad as the death of my little girl my thoughts ad prayer are truly with you and your family :(
hudson 228, lucky knuckleboom,stihl 038 064 441 magnum

4x4American

Quote from: beenthere on March 03, 2003, 04:55:26 PM
I often wonder how a barber (let alone two) can make any money cutting hair. Even if he gets $12 a head, and can cut 3 an hour, seems the pay is marginal when figuring in overhead, taxes, benefits, etc. But they keep enough of them around, so it must be exciting and profitable for them. Now add an empty chair and one head in 45 minutes, seems to cut into any profits pretty quick. Hmmm?
Cute kid sleeping under that hard-hat. Glad I had mine on in the woods couple days ago when a good sized limb fell and crunched it down on my head. Saw a few stars but no wounds to heal.

My sister manages a barber shop in Seattle, awhile back she mentioned her shops sales that month were $75k.   :o
Boy, back in my day..

4x4American

Just noticed that the post above mine was a completely different topic.. I just started into this thread and hadn't gotten very far into it.  I'm sorry to hear about your losses, Logger RK and Sandsawmill.  When it's your time it's your time and there's nothing no one can do to change that.  It is real tough when it happens especially when it's unexpected.  A guy I used to work with, Andrew Silvers, recently passed in February at 35 years old, it was in his sleep around 2 am, something went and he puked blood all over the place and he died instantly.  He seemed to be a healthy enough guy, no one saw it coming.   :-\       
Boy, back in my day..

Bogue Chitto

Quote from: Bogue Chitto on June 15, 2012, 03:25:17 PM
He is 14 now, and could weld at 10 yrs old.  :P
Now son is 20.  Builds boats and other things.

sawguy21

He has certainly leaarned his craft, that is nice work
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Bogue Chitto

That last picture is a crawfish cooker.

WDH

Everybody needs one of those  ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

slider

A 20 year old  cranking out that quality work, I am impressed .
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!