iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Web Browsers

Started by Tom Sawyer, June 18, 2005, 08:14:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom Sawyer

Since switching to Firefox over a year ago I have had to clean exactly zero spyware programs from my computer.  Not only that, but Firefox has some really nice features that IE doesn't have.  I will never switch back.

Jeff

I added the multiple so I could vote. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

J_T

Thanks Jeff  8) Me too :D :D
Jim Holloway

Tom Sawyer

Okay guys, but which is your favorite?

beenthere

Favorite? 
Haven't used them all, but between Netscape and Int. Explorer, I'd pick the latter. I only switched away from Netscape because I didn't like their upgrades, and keeping an older version was too 'gimpy' to do the 'new' things.
I've no complaints with Internet Explorer, but I might be easily satisfied.  ;) ::) ::) (Ty to get my wife to believe that  ;D ).
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

isawlogs

I would not be the best person to ask this ... When I got this computer ... IE was on it ... Hard enough for me to understand how one works  dont get me going on two or more . :)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

tnlogger

well I'll jump in here  :D i have used firefox since it came out and love it. now IE is a good browser as long as you have a good adware blocker. but too me firefox is faster and has so many more features. 8)
gene

ksu_chainsaw

I voted too soon.

I mostly use firefox, as I dont have the pop-up problems as I do with IE.

I have to use IE on some of the army sites, as it will not allow anything but IE.

Charles

mike_van

I use a '98 Dell w/ windows 98 se, high speed internet, free Zone Labs firewall, free Panicware popup stopper & no virus protection.  As long as no one "messes" with it, this setup works fine, does all I want.  This computer got so bad 2 years ago [kids]  I had to format the C,  works like a Swiss wach now.  I hate it when things change, what I get used to is what I like! :)
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

jerry-m

I Had always used Internet explorer until  recently.. Switched to Mozilla/Foxfire (its free) ;D ;D Like it much better... Altho I sometimes use int. explorer, so I guess I miss voted :-[

The only thing I don't like is that when I have been to an item ( like on ebay) and click back to the next item it is not high lighted or marked so if I don't remember where I had just been I might re click the same item...

Jerry

Jeff

I just wish there was one standard. Tyring to put web pages together that work for all the browsers consumes more time then any other part of the process.  I wish I knew why firefox loads our members map instantly and flawlessly when I.E. takes so long, and sometimes has to be refreshed to get the trees in the right spots.  When it comes to Netscape, I dont even try to make the forum look right on it any more.

mike_van

Jeff, the members map is something I can't access. Everytime I try, the screen freezes, I have to dump the thing.  I gave up -
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

maple flats

Use several, but usually IE. Think I will explore firefox as it sounds good.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Jeff

Quote from: mike_van on June 19, 2005, 12:17:30 PM
Jeff, the members map is something I can't access. Everytime I try, the screen freezes, I have to dump the thing.  I gave up -

Firefox it works fine. One of those goofy things.

sawguy21

I used IE because I was used to it and was afraid to try anything different on something as foreign as a computer :D I finally got tired of waiting for it to load and all those DanG popups.  Got braver and switched to firefox.. I am much happier with it although I can't get on some sites and have to use the other one. Next big test will be switching my e-mail once I figure out how to do it.
Finally got my printer working again. Had it on pause, don't ask me how I did it, and after some cussin' found out how to resume.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Ernie

I voted multiple, my favourite is Firefox, faster and cleaner but some site seem to want to load plugins and Firefox, at least mine, looks for the plug in, says its loading it and never suceeds so i use ie if I really want to see the site
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Riles

Safari. (You left out us Mac folks.) Microsoft refuses to support IE on the Mac now and Firefox appears to be derived from the Safari open source project.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

maple flats

Downloaded firefox and used it for a while. Haven't decided yet if I like it.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Tom Sawyer

Riles,  that's why I put "other" also.  I knew that there were more out there, but I couldn't remember all of their names. ;D

dave7191

firefox is the one i use the most but do have IE on the putter i use the most the one at the house uses firefox only
Dave

SwampDonkey

Firefox here, 'cept those sites that hardwire IE into their code.  >:(  :-\  ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

GareyD

If you use Firefox and you're having trouble with those sites that require IE...there is an extension called "IE View" when a page fails to load right, just right click and select "view this page in IE" and most of the time everything will be all better.

https://addons.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?id=35&application=firefox

Browse around in the extensions, there are a lot of really neat things in there ;)
The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then it's you.

wesdor

I've tried all that you name and several others, but Safari is still head and shoulders above the competition for me.

GF

I use Firefox and IE both, alot of our dept apps require IE since they use the Microsoft .Net applications. 

rbjones03

I am a java architect in the real world and in my opion FIreFox is head a shoulders above the rest.
Peterson WPF 8 HI-LO Large Frame

Thank You Sponsors!