iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Tractors and stuff I picked up the other day

Started by Weldrite, June 18, 2005, 02:30:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weldrite

Picked up these two old Beaver Lawn tractors the other day.  One is a 1954 and the other is a 1958 I think.  Also got two sets of 12" steel wheel weights.  Almost paid $50 for a set of weights last year and thought it was a good price, glad I waited.  I paid $60 for everything.  As I went to leave the guy asked me if I like to tinker with things... so I answered the only acceptable answer and we loaded up the compressor head and the 5hp 3 phase motor for it... FREE.   Not a bad haul.  8) 8)  The tractors will be running soon and will be used daily.

[attachment deleted by admin]
A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone.

Fraxinus

Why, you old vulture, you. 8) 8) 8)  Sounds like a good haul.  I'm this color with envy. :D :D
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Jeff

Weldrite, the attachment manager is meant for documents only, not photos, please use your gallery to upload photos.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Weldrite

Sorry about that Jeff, i'm still getting used to this.  Us welders are just catching on to this in-tro-net thing.  :P  I'm working on it, thanks.
A Land Rover would never turn up to collect an Oscar. It'd be far too busy doing something important, somewhere, for someone.

Stan

I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

shopteacher

Weldrite:  You ever hear of a Porter Cable lawn tractor?  Picked one up last summer sure didn't need it, but was in real good condition and I'd never seen one before. 
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

Weldrite

Just got the gray one running... what a scary little thing... I love it  ;D 8) ;D  Next week it's on to the gray one.

Shopteacher:  I have seen a porter cable tractor before, you really don't see them much but they are around.  If I remember they are a smaller tractor are they not?  What you need and what you really really need are two different things and they can be interchanged at times.  I strongly feel that I need these tractors, others could disagree but not everyone thinks as clearly as me :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!