iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leaning band wheels?

Started by Swede, June 17, 2005, 12:43:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swede

Was told I could get new guides but they had no in the shop and no time to make them for some weeks. I´m in a hurry so send me drawings at once, I said.  ;D Get them drawings and a nice talk to the guy.

He also said a good thing is to lean the band wheels. The driving wheel back and the free wheel in front from me, standing behind the saw.
"That way the wheels are pulling the band back to the guides, it will never jump off. Also less stress to the welding in the band easier to steer it on the wheels.
I asked  how much the leaning should be and he said 1/4" on each wheel.

I think he is right but need ask about it. Don´t want to send my blades into my neighbours yard. ;D ;D

Swede. *making new guides to night*
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

Can't argue with them professionals. I set our wheels in the exact same plane, and then pull the idle wheel around slightly, to keep the blade tracking .  I don't know what won't work, so, I do what works for me. ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

jrokusek

Good to know.  I'm just setting my homemade mill up right now and the timing of this is perfect.  I think I remember seeing a drawing that shows the wheels slightly "toe out" to use an automotive term. 

Jim

Buzz-sawyer

yea I think I mighta posted that a while back on the old format.lets se.......
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Swede

What he told me was NOT adjusting my whels toe out, That what you does on homeys  ;) .......on mills with rubber wheels. Mine are  V-belt wheels.

His advice was, in other words, adjusting the shaft for driving wheel leaning wheel end upwards and the free wheel  shaft leaning down.
I know from making belt conveyors this will steer the band. A kind of screwing effect (to use a Swedish term........... ;D )

My new guides are two bearings to hold down the band and one bearing pushing from behind.

Swede
Had a mobile band sawmill, All hydraulics  for logs 30\"x19´, remote control. (sold it 2009-04-13)
Monkey Blades.Sold them too)
Jonsered 535/15\". Just cut firewood now.

Fla._Deadheader

Well, I SAID I don't know nothing.  ::) ::) :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

EZ

When I was building my mill , I talk with Baker and Cooks sawing and the only tilt you want is at the top of the wheel. 1/16 th of an inch out from the top. Works good on mine.
EZ

wiam

My home made has inflatable tires and I do as Harold.

Will

Thank You Sponsors!