iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Hello form Arkansas

Started by meazlejr, June 16, 2005, 02:23:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meazlejr

I just wanted to hi.  I have been lurking around here for a couple of years now.  Scott Banbury (urbanlogger) turned me on to you guys.  I am a woodwork but this site has increased my intrest in personal milling and using trees that would otherwise be lost.  I am in central AR so if any would has a mill in my area I would love to see it and I am always looking for a good deal on some hardwood lumber.
Thanks,
Joe

estiers

Welcome to posting!!

From a displaced Razorback (WOOOO PIG SOOIE!)

Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

Tom

Welcome, Meazlejr.

Arkansas is full of a nutty bunch.  You shouldn't have too much trouble finding a custom sawyer there.

Jeff

Heck, its probably easily worth the drive to see the Original "ARKANSAWYER Sawing Extravaganza".  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

meazlejr

Thanks for the welcome everyone.
Jeff,
I have thought about that I have family not too far from him and get up there 2 or 3 times a year.  That part of the state  has few direct routes.  The phrase "you can't get there from here" comes to mind.

Joe

ScottAR

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

CHARLIE

Welcome to the Forum!   8)  Now there are Dang as many Arkansasians as there are Texicanicans.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

MemphisLogger

Howdy, Joe!

Glad you stopped by!

If you can't get that lazy Arkansawyer to cut wood for you, I'm sure you can talk us into coming over to play with you  ;) ;D

Welcome aboard the FF!
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

GF

meazlejr

Again, thanks for the hardy welcome.

Scott,  I think I can get to Memphis quicker than I can get to Bruno.  But I would like to check out his stuff.   Looks like you and the Family are running good and strong over there.

Did Colco sell yet?  I heard rumor that Hogan was buying up everything.  They bought the Paxton in Little Rock.

Joe

Ernie

Welcome Joe

Since you have been lurking for a while, you know we love pics :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

ARKANSAWYER

LAZY!!!   As soon as I get off this roof I will show you Lazy.  ;D  Been working morie hard and still sawing 1,000 bdft a day.

Howdy from North Arkansas, and there is a reason we made it hard to get here.   Truth be told he is afraid if I get Joe up here he will have to work. ;)
ARKANSAWYER

maple flats

Welcome aboard, you've found a good home.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

MemphisLogger

Joe,

They're being tight lipped about who is buying Colco but I don't think it's Hogan. An offer is on the table but stalled due to family related issues.

Arky,

My suspicions are confirmed by your picture--must be nice just sitting around in the shade  ;) 
Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Thank You Sponsors!