iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

the moving wall

Started by redpowerd, June 14, 2005, 09:53:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redpowerd

ive seen the stationary vietnam veterans memorial wall a few times, this week the moving wall will be in nearby tupper lake. im goin saturday on my way to blue moutian lake, for a no-octane regatta.

heres a link to tell ya when it will be nearby
http://www.themovingwall.org/skeds/05/schedule05.htm
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

Texas Ranger

I have a friend on the first panel.  Wish the wall didn't exist.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DanG

I appreciate The Wall.  It is a wonderful memorial to the brave men and women that gave the ultimate sacrifice for the freedom of others.

Alas, I've never mustered up the guts to visit it in person. :-\ :'(
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

redpowerd

both my mother and father have very good friends on that wall, they pointed them out to me the first time they seen them up there. it was awfull hard for them. im going to see it to find their names again.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

pigman

While in DC back in 83, I went to the Wall. I don't think I ever want to see it again.  :(
Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Pete J

Quote from: pigman on June 17, 2005, 11:32:40 PM
While in DC back in 83, I went to the Wall. I don't think I ever want to see it again.  :(

I agree with you pigman. Once you've seen it, it's hard to imagine going back. I'm sure that next time I'm in DC, I will visit again. Just out of respect.

Haytrader

There is a name on there that has special meaning to me also.
I have been to see the moving wall twice.
It is not easy.
Haytrader

estiers

I was interested to see that my little hometown of Oscoda, MI was on the list of places the wall will visit.  I will plan to go and see it there.  Then, a week later, I have a 2 month TDY in Riverdale, MD, so I can make time to go see the real thing.  I am sure I will be humbled by both experiences. 

It has been said many times before on the forum, but it cannot be said enough: We owe our lives to the men on that wall, and all others who fought for our freedoms throughout history.  Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Erin
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

Thank You Sponsors!