iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Fresh pickins from the garden

Started by Patty, June 12, 2005, 04:17:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patty

Hey Noble, you got it made.  ;) Fresh peas and onions with eggs & hashbrowns....yummmy! Our peas were froze out earlier this spring and I never got around to replanting them. I love the fresh onions from the garden sprinkled over just about anything.

We have some ground squirrels eating the sweet corn just as fast as we put it in. Norm has the pellet gun handy by the door, and has shot around 10 of the little pests already. I think we will have to replant the sweet corn since they have eaten so much of the crop. (Plant it right next to the dead little critters, and maybe the rest of them will get the hint)

Our cat must be lazy. ::)  He prefers little birds over mice. The mice are thick in the sawshed, and he just ignores them, but the barn swallows are sure wary of him.  They dive bomb him every chance they get.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

thecfarm

We did sell some everbearing strawberries in hanging baskets this year and they all ready bearing and we planted some tomatoes in hanging baskets too.No berries in the field yet.We still have a few more weeks before the field berries.I'm just getting my garden planted due to the wet weather,but I'm not the only one.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

ohsoloco

Patty, I have to agree with you.  I don't have a bagger for my mower, so if I ever plant a garden at my house it won't ever see grass clippings  :D  I put one out at my parents' place since I take care of their grass and general upkeep as well, and we've been planting there for over 30 years.  It's so great to till up that ground in the spring and see good dark brown/black soil...and the smell of it  :)  I like to garden in my bare feet. 

I've never noticed any mice problems in the garden, but then again I've noticed that our garden is a favorite hangout for the neighbors' cats  ;)

What's a tayberry  ???  ???  ???

Tom_Averwater

We've been eating peas and broccoli for 2 weks now .I've been having trouble with moles eating my sweet corn as it sprouts.They will go right down the row and eat the seed.  tom
He who dies with the most toys wins .

Bro. Noble

Tom A,

We used to have that problem when we grew goobers.  Plant a mothball between a few of the corn sprouts,  maybe that will help.
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Roxie

Tayberries are a raspberry/blackberry cross.   :P
Say when

SwampDonkey

I only just put my garden in last thursday and I have cukes, tomatoes, rutabegos, beets up now, but it'll be some weeks before I'm eating anything. I'll be surprised if the beans don't go black before they break ground with this rain and cold.  Gee, I even have the oil furnace on today burrrr, I'm cold. ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Ernie

Patty

I've got to stop selecting "all" when I read your post, I'll end up shorting out my keyboard drooling over your basket of strawberries :) :) :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Patty

OK, Ernie I'll be kind and won't show you the picture of them poured over ice cream.  :)
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Ernie

Particularly not with whipped cream on top
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

beenthere

I envision them floating in a bowl of thick cream....Mmmmmmmm!!
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

submarinesailor

ALRIGHT – you guys cut it out.  You are making me very hungry and my wife is still in New Mexico with the new grandson.  So, she can't keep me on my diet. 8) 8) 8)    Breyers ice cream anyone?   ??? ???French Vanilla to go with those strawberries? ??? ;D ??? ;D ??? ;D

Bro. Noble

Shucks,

anyone can get fresh strawberries,  I wish I had a new grandson ;)

Congratulations 8) 8) 8)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Ernie

No fresh strawberries in NZ but who cares with a new grandson :) :) :) :)

Congrats

isawlogs

If you guys wont take the ice cream and strawberries I will ....  and celebrate the new grandson while eating it ...   ;D
Congrates on the new arrival  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

mometal77

roxie you got it... Ernie maybe next yr.. have a nice that cant talk yet she loves strawberries and salmon berries..
bob
Too many Assholes... not enough bullets..."I might have become a millionaire, but I chose to become a tramp!

Patty

Ernie, I probably shouldn't post the photos of the strawberries drizzles over the shotcake and topped with ice cream, either.  ;D

I'd offer my whole crop of berries for the news of a grandchild. In the meantime, though, I am happy with the berries.
Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Buzz-sawyer

My first crop this year..........
they are green and comming on!!!
I have suggestion since both my friends Patty (strawberries) and Paschale (Cheese cake)...are attending the same function why dont WE share the mixture :o :o :D :D :D
I may have a pasle of berries t bring too by then 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Patty

Women are Angels.
on a broomstick.....

Ernie

Patty

I can't get strawberries off my mind.  I suppose yours are the real flavourful ones not the tasteless commercial stuff that we export to you during your winter.

At least on my mind is better than on my expanding waistline. ::) ::)

Thank You Sponsors!