iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Comparing DH units

Started by Octoman, June 11, 2005, 01:43:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Octoman

I am currently looking at a DH kiln unit that is capable of drying around 400 cubic feet.  The information on the unit says it is good for 122 degrees, but that they wouldn't suggest pushing the temp any higher for the sake of the unit.  I will mostly be drying hardwoods.  I was just wondering what kind of temperature the Nyle or similar DH kilns are capable of?  Is it important for the unit to be cabable of reaching 150/160 degrees or is that just to set the pitch in softwoods?
WM LT 15 - Fortune favours the Brave!

Don_Lewis

400 cubic feet or 4800 board feet could be dried with a Nyle L200 or a Nyle L300. The L300 dries at temperatures as high as 160F. The L200 is not designed to have the refrigeration system operating over 120F but you can raise the temperature after the wood is dried and the compressor off, to 160F. Which system you use depends on production needs, species, thicknesses etc.

karl

I regularly set pitch in my Nyle 150 hotroded to 2 hp. Just shut down the compressor after drying and make it hot.
Don't know about other manufacturers, but Nyle will treat you right and are most helpfull.
"I ask for wisdom and strength, Not to be superior to my brothers, but to be able to fight my greatest enemy, myself"  - from Ojibwa Prayer.

Thank You Sponsors!