iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Services For Mark Mathys

Started by Jeff, June 09, 2005, 04:58:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

The Forestry Forum lost a good friend yesterday. Mark Mathys lost his life while loading a log on a trailer,  something that many of us do everyday and take for granted. Mark has been not only a friend but a teacher as well on this forum. As we mourn the loss of our dear friend, don't lose the lesson that he has left us with. Take it with you every day as you work and live in these professions we have chosen. Mark was always, always, quick to lend his knowledge to help us with problems we may have faced. One of his last posts was an offer to help me.  I'm going to miss him a lot.

Services for Mark will be
Saturday 10:30 AM

Bismark Funeral Home
3723 Lockport Street
Bismarck, ND   
phone 701-223-4055

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

maple flats

My condolences to his family in their time of loss. We have all done things where this could happen to us, lets all remember to think safety and not be in too much of a hurry. Haste often results in disaster.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Ironwood

Members:

For those of you with the time check out his photo's listed on his profile, click on the "butterflies". This guy was very talented. Sorry, to hear about the accident. Those pictures sure are peaceful, kind of reminds you of the fagile nature of life. All the best to the family. Looks like from his photo's he lived his passions, no better way!

REID
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Jeff

From the Bismarck Tribune

WILTON -- Mark C. Mathys, 51, Wilton, died June 8, 2005, in an accident. Services will be held at 10:30 a.m. Saturday, June 11, at Bismarck Funeral Home with the Rev. Allen Wagner officiating. Burial will be at a later date.

Mark was born April 7, 1954, in Muncie, Ind., to Clifford and Mary (Tolle) Mathys. He married Cindy Breuer Aug. 16, 1975, in Mooreton. They lived in Horace for 10 years. They then moved to Kabetogama, Minn. They moved to Bismarck where he was currently a Lab Manager for Butler Machinary. His main hobbies were traveling, photography and working with wood. He died doing what he loved, woodworking. Mark made many friends during his travels. He was a loving father and a wonderful husband.

He is survived by wife Cindy; his sons, Aaron and Cliff, both of Wilton; daughters, Sasha (Bob) Calavera, Colorado Springs, Colo., and Merrilee Mathys (Jesse Patrick), Wilton; granddaughter, Jessilee Patrick; sister Pam Kalar, Seattle, Wash.

He was preceded in death by parents and one brother.

He will be loved and missed so much by all of his family. We love you Mark.

Visit the guest book at

bismarcktribune.com
Published in The BismarckTribune on 6/10/2005.

sandmar

Such a tragic loss for us all. I hope his family knows how much he added to this forum and how much he will be missed. My thoughts and prayers go out for his family and all of his forum friends tonight.

Sandmar

Barkman

My condolences to his family as well.  I arrived home about an hour ago with a load of red oak on my truck and just came upstairs to read this.  It always seems very surreal to me when someone you know dies unexpectadly.  Although I had never met Mark in person, he had helped me by replying to some of my posts when I was having problems with my skidder last winter.  He'll be greatly missed here and I am certain much more at home.  I know we can't say enough for his family, so I'll say we wish you the best that can be in such a difficult time.

J_T

. My prayers and thoughts are for the family . I too will miss Mark .
Jim Holloway

Tillaway

I'm shocked... speachless really.  I will miss him.  This is sending shivers up my spine. :'(
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Frank_Pender

You are so correct, Jeff.  One little slip or change in approach to the often dangerous situations we all place ourselves in, can cause a tragedy beyond imagination.   Mark's accident brings that home real quick.  Lessons learned the hard way are often hard to deal with as well as to accept.  Such is the case for me, with Mark.
Frank Pender

Jim_Wahl

My condolences to the Mathys family. I am sure he will be greatly missed, not only by them, but also by his extended Foresty Forum family. He was certainly a major contributor to this great forum, whose abscence will be conspicuous.

May I suggest  the creation of something on the order of a Forestry Forum Hall of Fame
where maybe a collection of some of the contributions of such great persons as Mark
could be assembled? I realize that is asking a lot of the moderators of this great forum,
but if there is anything I could do to assist in such a project, I would be more than glad.

If such a project is not out of the question, may I honor the memory of Mark Mathys by
nominating him as the first inductee?

Sincerely,
Jim Wahl
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

Jeff

I have been thinking about that and how I will do it. We lost another member less then a Year ago, in fact it was just before the pig roast last year.  In time I will come up with something for a memorium for Mark and Duane Moore.

Weekend_Sawyer

A very very good idea.

I am sorry I did not get to meet Duane or Mark.

Jon
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Sawing Logz

Our prayers go out to the family.

The Shelby's
City Forrest Treecycler

Ed_K

I'm sorry to read this, our prayers to Marks family. I enjoyed reading Marks post's.
Ed K

Thank You Sponsors!