iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

My Dad, Mark M.

Started by Aaron Mathys, June 08, 2005, 11:05:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

Aaron, while I never got to meet your Dad I can say just from reading his post's here that we lost a good man today. He will be missed by all here
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

maple flats

Aaron and the Mathys family. I never met your dad but I enjoyed his wisdom. Really liked the thread he started about his trip to Peru and the Peruvian lumber yard. My wife and I will be praying for your dad and your family in this time of sorrow. May God bless you and your's.
Dave and Joan Klish
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Brad_S.

I never had the privilege of meeting Mark but enjoyed reading his posts. My deepest sympathies.
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

Haytrader

I first saw Mark's picture at the top of the page at about 3AM CST this morning (Thur.).
I was completely shocked. Things like this aren't supposed to happen to someone at such a young age. I thought..........oh no, it isn't so.
I, like others have said, could not find the words to reply at that time. I am not sure I can now. Everyone has said exactly what we all feel. Mark was a "KEEPER", one of the "BEST", an honest person, always eager to help. Never a negative word from Mark. A genuine friend to everyone on the forum. He shared his knowledge freely and sincerely. And as some have said, his ability with the camera was second to none. We indeed did enjoy his "play by play" when he assembled his sawmill. I personally remember one photo where a cat was laying on a chop saw. Only Mark could have captured such a picture. As Bibbyman is to WM, Mark was to Norwood. Norwood would have been wise to incorporate Mark's photos and detailed explanations in thier assembly video.
I kidded  him about the big house and all the steps he would have to traverse as he got older. He didn't care. He loved that house. He was proud of the truck he bought and showed us pictures of it.
Mark and I exchanged some E mail and some PM's here on the forum. I sent him a few "dirty" jokes. He would reply with a funny remark.
I remember the planters he made (pictures). He was proud of them and rightly so.
He got lots of kidding about the lack of trees in his area. He showed us pictures of him retreiving logs from the local tree dump.
Everything Mark did was in good spirit.
I think you will realize (by all the responses) that Mark (your dad) was well liked and respected here on The Forestry Forum.
May God bless you for the thought and courage to let us know what happened although we know and understand the pain and suffering you and the rest of your family are going through.
May Mark rest in peace.
A friend,

Haytrader
Haytrader

Paschale

I found a couple of pictures that Mark submitted to a North Dakota tourism website.  They're really pretty stunning.  I found one on the second, third, and ninth pages. here.  It helps remember the man by enjoying again the photography he was so passionate about.

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Don P

Thank you for letting us all know Aaron, your family will be in our thoughts and prayers. Like many others have said, I always enjoyed it when Mark wrote in. With some people you can feel a warm happy person right through their writing even though you've never met them face to face, Mark was like that. He'll be missed.

Pete J

I considered him a good friend. I miss him a lot.

Godspeed Mark

Pete

Tillaway

I jaust saw his picture, shocked, speachless what more can I say. :'(
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

redpowerd

i am so, so sorry to hear this news. :'(

mark allways amazed me with his extensive knowledge of engine fluids, and his sense of humor can never be duplicated

aaron, i am sending you my deepest condolences and ill pray that the good man upstairs can take some of your pain. thank you for informing the forum.

ill also pray for his friends that loved him. :'(

this here forum will never be the same. we'll miss you mark, please put your hand on us and keep us safe. thanks for being such a great friend.
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

hawby

Gosh... I was too busy to log on yesterday and missed this. I am very sorry that Mark has passed. He was always a man with the answer to the complex questions. He had great humor and I enjoyed meeting him at the pig roast last year. This just serves as a reminder that we are in a dangerous business and safety needs to be on our minds all the time.

Bye Mark M. It was nice to know ya.
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Curlywoods

Mark,

Your father has raised a strong and courageous son.  Your fortitude in posting this information to let everyone here on the FF know about this tragedy, makes me pause and wonder if I would have been able to do the same.  It means a great deal to all here that you have done this for us.  I have never meet your Dad or shared any thoughts with him, but kindred spirits we are all.  Losing my father and mother were the two toughest times in my life.  I pray that you will see the joy in what he brought to the world.  From the smile in his photo I see the kindness that his heart held for all that he meet.

Know the Lord will watch over you and your family and that your Dad is at his side now. 
All the best,

Michael Mastin
McKinney Hardwood Lumber
McKinney, TX

twoodward15

My condolences to your family.  I can't imagine the pain you are feeling.  Watch for a sign from him, it will come!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

Chris J

I hope that you & your family are able to find the strength to get you through this sad time.  Hopefull you can take some comfort in knowing that Mark M. has many friends here, & he will be missed.
Certified Amateur Chainsaw Tinkerer.  If sucess is built on failure, then one day I'll live on the top of Mt. Everest.

shopteacher

I feel the forum has lost a true asset.  Folks like Mark are a gift from the maker and for whatever reason he has been called home.  I will miss his wit and humor.  I pray you and your family well in this time of sorrow. 
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

red

to the Mathy Family

My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Your Father, Husband and Brother  will truley be missed.

He obviously will be greatly missed.....but we can still feel his spirit.

Thankyou to  Aaron for keeping everyone informed.

Be strong ..... remember the good times.
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

sawman

Aaron,
  Sorry to hear about your loss.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you.
May God bless, strenghten and comfort you and your family in this time of sorrow, as only He can. 
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Wife

Aaron, i never had the chance to meet your dad but like many others from this extended family I to followed some of his post on the forum.
At a time like this it is hard to find the right words that express how we all feel, but i think it has been covered by all on this post.
Our deepest sympathy go out to you and your family and as we say in New Zealand...KIA KAHA meaning "Be strong".
Chris and Kerris
Kerris, in the background....
Petersons Global Sales Ltd
15c Hyland Cres
Rotorua, New Zealand
www.petersonsawmills.com
kbrowne@petersonsawmills.com
Ph +64 7 3480863

KiwiCharlie

Aaron,
Such a sad thread to read today.  My thoughts are with you and your family.
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

Faron

Aaron, I am so very sorry for your family's loss.  God bless you all.
Faron
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Percy

Heya Aaron.
Thanks for the post and Im sorry for your/our loss. Not to make light of the situation but he did die doing what he loved, I hope I can go like that.......
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Danny_S

Just learned this news today as I dont frequent the forum as much as I used to... this is tragic news, to lose such a great contributor to the forum, a friend of us all. My deepest sympathy for the family and friends of Mark Mathys. I remember reading his initial posts and pictures of his mill and such.. he was like a kid in a candystore.. just like most of us would be with a new mill... I never met him but still gives me a knot in my stomach to learn of his passing.

Miss you around here Mark.

Danny S
Plasma cutting at Craig Manufacturing

deadeye

Aaron,  deepest sympathies to you and your family, god bless you and your family   

Jeff

I hope that some of the newer members as well as those that have been around awhile have taken time to get to know Mark the last few days by reading some of the old threads he posted in. If you haven't, you can go to his profile by clicking on his photo at the top of the page.

You can also click this link to view his posts. I urge you to take the time to read some of the old threads.

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=profile;u=459;sa=showPosts;start=1680
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

thecfarm

Haven't had time to get on here for awhile,summer is here.Sorry to hear about your father.Our prays are with you and your family.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

GF

I just now am reading this thread, and really hate to hear such bad news.  I never had an opportunity to meet Mark, but if he was a member of this Forum he is very much like family.  My thoughts and prayers are with you and the family.

Gary

Thank You Sponsors!