iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Broke my heart today

Started by Quartlow, June 08, 2005, 10:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

One of the things we do on a regular basis at y part time job is work for a water line contractor.

Today we where on the north side patching spots in a street and doing driveway approaches. We needed a palace to dump slag and old blacktop that was dug out so we could blacktop. We got pointed just around the corner to a ravine thats being filled. Of course they had to bull doze a path for the trucks to back in off the street, laying off to the side where 3 nice size cherrys about 20 inches on the butt tapering to about 16 or 18 in 18 feet, and nice and straight and two walnuts that where about the same size.

I asked the city inspector about them and he didn't have a clue  ::) But he did make some calls for me, guess what CAN"T GET THEM!!! at the end of the day I noticed they where missing. Asked the dozer operator about it and he said somebody from the city came buy and made him push them over the hill and bury then  :( :(  >:( >:(

What a bunch of clowns.
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

VA-Sawyer

GuberNUTS strike again.  Is it possible that they hauled the logs away and just told you that story to get you off the trail ? If they actually did bury them, then that really stinks!
VA-Sawyer

CHARLIE

I wonder how deep they are and if you could dig them out and then fill in the hole for them.
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

isawlogs

I've often wundered how one can take such a dicision ... specialy when it come to some thing that can be recuperated and be put to good use , does recycling ever cross these peoples mind ..  Everything that is said and writing about our forest and how they should be managed , these pencil pushers should be tought a few things ...  have there email boxes filled with facts ...

I really hate seeing good wood go to waste ...  Well I hate seeing wood period go to waste ...
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Rockn H

Wait till the next election and maybe they'll be spalted by then. ;D

Stan

I'd find out whose property the trees were on, right of way is only that! It doesn't grant ownership of any item on the right of way. A plat map may get you permission to dig 'em up.
I may have been born on a turnip truck, but I didn't just fall off.

Dan_Shade

some people are just difficult, especially those with big egos and idle hands.  some people will go out of their way to make other people miserable, the irony in that is those people are typically miserable themselves.
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Cedarman

Government officials are caught in a bad situation. If they gave you the trees, they could get in trouble for playing favorites or giving something of value away. Now that the trees are destroyed, they can say we didn't give any kickbacks.
I know first hand.
In Ok where we are grinding mulch on state land, we have permission to grind any cedar no matter what size. But we are not allowed to take any log off and sell it to a sawmill.  If we saved out the logs, they would have to be auctioned off. We would not be allowed to take out logging costs.  So we grind them. It is the way the legalities come down. The government officials have no choice in what they are requiring of us.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

mike_van

Be it town, state, or federal, there is no greater waster than the government. >:( 
I was the smartest 16 year old I ever knew.

Quartlow

No doubt in my mind they got buried, I've known  the dozer operator for years, plus he works for the GC so he had nothing to gain by lying to me about it. In fact he was ticked off that they made him bury them.  I all ready know the property belongs to the park. I just hate to see waste but thats politics for you
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!