iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

antifungal agent?

Started by Duncan, June 08, 2005, 05:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

I have recieved an order that specified the use of an antifungal agent on beams.  Does anyone have a product and or supplier and any experience in the application of the chemical would be helpful.

I have been hoping that there is some product that I can just put into the coolant lubrication tank and set the spray on continous to apply.  Otherwise it my just have to be applied with a sprayer.  Of course the first would be more efficient from a manpower point of view.

Thanks,

Kelly
Kelly

smwwoody

Hi

We use a product called "Stay Brite"  You can try a web search.  If you can't find anything I will get thier address and Phone number off of the bucket when I go into work in the morning.  Eddie came up with a great spray system to put it on with.  On a small scale a garden sprayer would work fine.

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

VA-Sawyer

We use a product called "Timbor" it is a borate compound made for treating wood. It is an anit-fungal as well as being effective against termites and powder post beatles. Fairly safe to use, but I don't put it in my lube tank. I just spray it with a garden sprayer while building the pile. Just do a search on the internet for it. There is probably someone close to you that sells it.  A number of 'termite guys' around here use it to treat floor joists in crawl spaces.
VA-Sawyer

Rockn H

Frank_Pender

Duncan, I just sent a personal e-mail to the Timbor folks in Texas.  I simply typed Timbor and a whole liteny of information showed.   You might just do the same.
Frank Pender

Duncan

Thanks for the information I think I can get it from here.
Kelly

smwwoody

Tim-bor and sta-brite  both come from the same people at

www.menco.com

Woody
Full time Mill Manager
Cleereman head rig
Cooper Scragg
McDonugh gang saw
McDonugh edger
McDonugh resaw
TS end trim
Pendu slab recovery system
KJ4WXC

KiwiCharlie

At work, we offer an antifungal water repellant called Lumberlife.
Charlie.
Walk tall and carry a big Stihl.

billbobtlh

Try a test using anti-freeze mixed in your lube tank. After this order is filled. It should work as well as the other products at a lower cost.

AtLast

bberry

I agree with At Last-Borax should work. Sulphur is used by organic gardeners as an anti-fungal. Worth a test!

Thank You Sponsors!