iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

We're back! Sawlex photo sharing may now begin!

Started by Jeff, June 05, 2005, 07:03:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Here are my first two. (other then the Monkey boy pictures I posted elsewhere on the forum) ;D

Dan (WV Hillbilly) surprised us again! He made us this  BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY PLAQUE!  Anybody want to guess what species its made from?

THANKS DAN!

Dan, Me, and da plaque. :)

We were honored to have the the USDA  accept our invitation to be part of the Forestry Forum's display and meeting area to give out information, and have staff on hand to talk to people about the Emerald Ash Borer.  Pictured is Sharon Lucik, who came and set up the display and was absolutely swamped friday talking to people and helping educate the public with current EAB facts.

Sharon, it was great of you to come and the Forestry Forum looks forward to working with you again.

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Yep, Dan even makes me look small and I am 6'1". :D

Who is this old Cuss?  ;) :D

Ya know, DanG and I have been friends for going on 4 or 5 years and just met for the first time in person at Sawlex. Man, I am a lucky fellow to have all of these great people to call friends, :)

Jeff

Not sure how I got caught in between these guys when this was my camera!

Buzz and Kirk came together, I think this photo was either Thursday night or early Friday,

Jeff

It was almost impossible to catch people with a straight face. We had such a great time, all the time. Here I caught Tammy and Tammy flashing signs to the webcam.  :D

Chet and Jude, we really did miss having you there, as well as all the other forum members that could not make it.  I hope the webcam, and all of Populous's work helped relay some of all the fun that was going on at Sawlex.

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Jeff

Here is Mr. Tom and Mrs, and lil' Miss Stumpjumper and some dude with his back to the camera.

Jeff

Here is one of the many banners that member GareyD (part of the grits express) created for the Forestry Forum area. We really had a big spot. Equal to Sawmill and Woodlot Magazine, the show hosts. I'll let other members describe that a little bit better, but I will say THE FORESTRY FORUM ROCKED THE HOUSE! ;D

If you ever need some banner work or printing done, HIRE GAREY! :)

This banner was created after a design I had for a poster. All of the light background text on this banner is different forestry forum thread topics.

Much of the time it was standing room only at the Forestry Forum meeting spot. :)
Here are a couple photos I took early on of our area.

Jeff

Shown here, sporting the latest in fashion earwear is our gal Roxie with a pair of Forestry Forum keychains Tammy made. Lookin good Roxie! 8)

Next to Roxie is one of the guys that didnt show up at Sawlex, Pigman. :D  to your left of Pigman is Rmay clear from Arkansas!

Jeff

The first evening of the Shootout, Sawmill and woodlot had a brief meet and greet for the exhibitors. Here are a couple of our admins in deep discussion.

The topic?  I think it was "Domestic or Import?" :D

Corley5

8) 8) 8) 8)  We got back from Texas with the shingle mill about 6:30 tonight 8) 8) but I really  wish I coulda been at Sawlex :( ;)   Looks like everybody had a super time.  I did get to see the Baker truck and mill southbound on I-69 north of Indy today.
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

populus

I have some new pix up at Tree Trends. To keep down the bandwidth on the Forum, I'll keep posting them here. I'll continue putting up more pix as I have time to edit them. However, I have a big consulting job this week, so I may not finish until next weekend. I know Pigman and DRBuck have a lot of pix, so I hope they get some more up.

WV_hillbilly

Your Welcome Jeff ,

It was a small contribution compared to some of our other members efforts for the booth .It was great  to visit with old friends and meet new ones .

I think as far as the biggest group of people in attendence at Sawlex only the Amish came close .

Texas  Ranger          it had to be the camera angle or something .  You know an optical conclusion . :D   I have a little brother that is 2 inches taller than me
Hillbilly

Jeff

Ron Wenrich put a cool little deal together to test visitors to the Forum's booths abilities at hardwood lumber species identification. Winners, (well at least anyone that gave it the real college try), got a sample applicator bottle of Rust Reaper provided by Mike_P.

It was tough!  In the bottom photo, Buzz Sawyer tries his skills as Ron sets him straight.  ;)

How did I do? I ainta goona say. :-[

pigman

We did not stay at the Forestry Forum booth all the time. ::) We went out and looked at the mills at least once. ;). Harold is studying the Peterson mill and the others are solving the worlds problems. :D

Ianab

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

EZ

pigman

Roxie's hair, fstedy I think, Cowboy Bob, and just barely Ron

Ianab

I got some sensible captures from the webcam too  :)

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

pigman

This picture is on another thread, but some might miss it there. It is Quartlow, the proud owner of a Logrite canthook. 8)

chet

Da boss was supposed ta pick up some of dem Logrite Tools fur me at da show too. I'm still waitin' on da proof dat he got um. Hope they don't get misplaced before they find their way to me.  :-\
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Here we have a picutre of "Team Peterson"  You guys should see these two run a swingmill. It IS impressive.  Captain and "Brownie" AKA Chris, AKA the guy that posts under "wife", Kerris's handle. :D

THese two fellows had big Forestry Forum logos on thier Hardhats as they were working the shootout. They not only got there and set up the Peterson display, they had the tent all set up and ready for us when we got there. Craig was also the fellow that set this all in motion. Captain, I am glad tyou did this. We really had a time. :)

Jeff

Quote from: Chet on June 05, 2005, 10:34:29 PM
Da boss was supposed ta pick up some of dem Logrite Tools fur me at da show too. I'm still waitin' on da proof dat he got um. Hope they don't get misplaced before they find their way to me.  :-\

Huh?  whatcha talking bout?
;D

Jeff

Some of you may recall DanG's concern of being caught on the webcam.

chet

I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Thank You Sponsors!