iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Many thanks to the Peterson guys

Started by Part_Timer, June 04, 2005, 08:50:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

I just got back from sawlex and wanted to thank Captain and Ga_Boy for all the info on the Peterson swing mill.  Captain took the time to let me run an 8" ATS they had set up.  What a great machine.    Mark answered all my questions and gave some great tips on running one.
     I even got to meet Furby and talk to him for awhile.

Thanks again for everyones time and patiance with all my newbe questions.
Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Captain

No problem, Tom.  You're a natural, nice to meet your family.  How did the "negotiations" go on the way home??

Captain

Part_Timer

Captain

We are still locked up in the board room crunching numbers.   smiley_computer_monitor Negoations are going well though.  Should know in a couple of days.   Tell whom ever bought the mill I was using thanks for letting me run it. 

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

Furby

Hey Tom, it was nice to meet ya!
The new owner of that mill should be home with it by now and is probly playing with it right now. ;D
I figure you should be seeing a post on it before to long.

Good luck with the "boss" on fund allocation! ;)

Ga_Boy

Part Timer,

Just glad I could help.  If you ever want to test drive a 10" WPF come on down.

I got a bunch of big Oaks that need to be cut up.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

katie-did

Part_timmer said that if I had something to say that I could not uses his name anymore so here I go. ;D

Negotiations what is that. ???  He talks I listen, He talks I listen. He talks I listen. smiley_sleeping
Ga_Boy and Captian you noticed where I was during the test run.
In the shade trying to stay cool.
I don't run the mill I just keep the sawyer and books in line. Needless to say the books  smiley_book2_page are easier to keep in line.
Part Timer's Boss & CFO smiley_angel01_halo

Furby

Welcome!
Glad ya got your own handle. ;)

Captain

Now Katie, you should have stepped in there, running the mill is easier than taking materials away, just ask my wife.  Rumor has it, the Peterson team may be mixed gender or ALL FEMALE next year....(at least on one mill...)

Now I gotta negotiate with Mrs. Captain...... :)

WELCOME!!

TN_man

Part Timmer,
You are welcome. Sorry to beat ya to the mill. I reckon I can guess which person you were, but I am sorry that I did not know that you were a forum brother. I would have introduced myself. We did make it home okay (4a.m.) and got the mill set up as soon as we got home from church that next day.
Thanks to Captain and Chris for all the training and help.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Part_Timer

TN_man

That is one nice mill you got there.  Thanks for letting us use it.  My son really liked it.  He hopes I get one.  His job is dealing with the saw dust and getting it burnt off.  He complains some but I know he's just griping.  He gets to start fires so he's happy.   Glad you made it home ok. 

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.

tnlogger

Katie congrats on being a new bonifide member  ;D
Pay has the same problem with me  :D i talk she just sorta nods i talk louder she gets that dang fryingpan
so i then speak softly and say yes dear. ::)

TN_man sure looks like i need to take a road trip to Lancing some time this summer. 8)
gene

Ga_Boy

Katie,

Welcome to our little sand box.

It was a pleasure meeting you and your kids.  I just wish Debbie and Amber could have came with me.

Debbie, who like you keeps the books was in a Quick Books class Saturday.  I hope to see ya'll at the Paul Bunion show in October.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Welcome Katie.

Here are some pics of the Peterson Team working hard.  They did a great job it was great to meet them.

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Hammy

Congratulations TN man!!

Good to see you have come on board. I meet you in Tennessee when we held our Demo Day there & your son was playing around on the WPF.

Been interested in your progress since then & pleased to see you picked up that Peterson from the show. Keep in touch, always like to see our mills in action.

Happy sawing!  ;)

C. Hammond
Petersons

Captain

We would also be remiss to not thank all of the FF members with managing customers and questions, setting up for the shootout, breaking down from the shootout as well as the show end.

Special thanks go to Neslrite and Tamiam, Ga_Boy, Maple Flats, Furby, Kirk Allen, Bibbyman oops...WV Hillbilly, Mtn Jack, Fla_Deadheader, TN_Man, Part-Timer.  There was always somebody to help when there was work to be done, many, many thanks to all!!! Also thanks for all of the pictures posted on the forum and other places!!

As many people from the FF that I saw, I realize that there were many that I missed.  That was the only problem with having the Forum booth inside, I could not spend much time there.

Captain

TN_man

Craig,
I was hoping to meet up with you at the show and was disappointed that you did not make the trip. I am impressed that you remembered us after all the people you met on that trip.
Tnlogger,
You are welcome to come, just remember it will take me aliitle bit of time to get practiced up on this mill. I may have to wrestle Jacob for time on it.
Captain,
I agree, there ended up being more members there than I got a chance to meet. I wish I had more time to socialize but I signed up for so many seminars. It was good to meet the ones I did. We had a great time. 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Thank You Sponsors!