iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Traveling

Started by sprucebunny, June 03, 2005, 06:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

A lot of FF members were on the road yesterday, mostly on the Interstates. I was thinking of you and the sights you might be enjoying.
I took a trip to the other side of my home state to go kayaking with an old friend. The river was with in earshot of I 93 most of the time.

The second bridge down is I 93 near Thornton, NH. An Amtrak train went by earlier.

It always amazes me how trees hang on at the edge of rivers and cliffs. All this trees roots are uphill of it. Several large white pines were leaning at a 45 angle over the river.

Hope you all had a fine drive. I enjoyed being under or beside the highway quite alot. This is a beautiful section of highway and I was thinking of the sights those of you who are traveling in the midwest must have seen.
Hope you have a great time at Sawlex. ......Kind of wish I was there but my trip on the river was way more relaxing than the drive to Ohio ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

Patty

Those are some nice shots Joan. I have never been east. New Hampshire is a pretty state.
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Teri

Sounds like you had a nice time. I like the pictures.

Part_Timer

great pictures sprucebunny.  looks so peaceful i could fall asleep looking at them. 
     We're leaving for sawlex tonight.  The kids are bouncing off the walls.  We're staying at a hotel with a pool.  Maybe I should have sent them kayaking with you.  oops there goes the peace and quiet. :D

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

UNCLEBUCK

That looks like a beautiful river !  I bet when the train went by at 70 mph everyone was looking out at how peaceful it would be to be in those kayaks . Show a pic of your kayak , is it wood or fiberglass ?
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

maple flats

Sprucebunny, I sure did see some fine views as I traveled but not as fine as what you when you were in that kayak. I never tried it and I'm no longer limber enough but I really enjoy it when I get out in the canoe on a really calm lake or very slow river. The fast ones are good too but not like the total calm when you just see God's creation in total peace.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Roxie

That looks real peaceful and calm Sprucebunny!   :)  Cowboy Bob and I drove almost the entire width of Pennsylvania on I76 (the PA turnpike).  It was incredibly beautiful up in the mountains, but we didn't see any dairy farms up there!  When we got closer to home, dairy farms were everywhere among the rolling hills.  This sure is a pretty state.  
We had a piece of excitement on the turnpike when Cowboy blew by an unmarked State Trooper's car and I said, "That was a cop, Bob."  We glanced back and sure nuff the headlights came on and the Trooper came out of the pull-off a flyin.  Cowboy eased back into the right lane, resigned to his fate....and the Trooper went past us and pulled over the tractor trailer directly in front of us!   :D  I said, "That sure was close"....He said, "Thank God for good clean living!"   :D
Say when

SwampDonkey

Nice river sprucebunney, I haven't canoed for a few years. Always enjoyed a peaceful canoe trip.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!