iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anyone need to know the time? Give me a holler, and I'll tell ya!

Started by Paschale, June 01, 2005, 09:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

So, check out what came in the mail today.   8) 8) 8)

Jeff sent me this clock, because I won a little friendly wager about when the 2500th member would be added.  Jeff said he'd have a "timely" gift for whoever came closest, and I ended up winning!   8)  At first I felt a little silly, since I had started the thread to begin with, but I got over that pretty quick.   ;D

Thanks a ton, Jeff!  It's going up on the office wall!   8)

Who made that clock, btw?  It's beautiful!   8)  Kudos to the craftsman, whoever he is.  I'll enjoy that clock the rest of my life.   8)

Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

pigman

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Paschale

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

Teri

Jeff

Shop teacher cut out the clocks for us, and Tammy and I did the painting and finishing and instalation of the hardware. I'm going to have to get with him and see if I can con him into doing a few more.  ;D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Teri

Jeff

This was part of our clock assembly line some time over a year ago.

Frank_Pender

Nice looking clock! 

Jeff, how about I send you some pieces of Western Big Leaf Maple burl for some clocks.  Let me know the thickness and all and I will see what I can come up with for material.
Frank Pender

Bro. Noble

That is a nice clock Paschale :

I already knew what time it was ;)
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Gilman

Shoot Frank, I was just in the process of offering some. You beat me to the Post button.

After the stupid gift I sent Jeff I figure I'd better make it up to him.  ;)
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Teri

I may have to get one of those clocks for my new home that I may be buying soon.  ;D

Jeff

Man, I bet those would be awesome.  Thes clocks were around a foot in diameter, closer to 11" and just a 1/2 inch thick.

Jeff

Someday when I want to really get even with him, I am going to show ya'll what Gilman sent me.  :D

beenthere

Nice gift for winning.

I don't think Asy has talked to us since you won.  :D  ::)  ???

Seriously, miss hearing from her.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

sandmar

Gee Jeff...now you gotta tell us what you got from Gilman.....you know those secrets eat at us till we know  ;D

Sandmar

Great work on the clocks..any chance for a purchase of one of those beauties?

Jeff

Sorry, I only had twelve way back when. They are all gone now. We used them for prizes and donations for Forestry Education fund raisers. I hope to be able to so some more, they were really fun and people like them.

Paschale

Quote from: Jeff B on June 01, 2005, 11:26:10 PM
people like them.

That's for DanG sure!  I'm a lucky sunuvagun, that's fer sure!  How did Shopteach do the different depths of the background?  Did he carve them by hand, or use a router template?  I'm really impressed by his handiwork.   8)

sawguy21

I think asy may be involved in moving but yeah, I miss her too.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

sandmar

I understand Jeff,that would make a wonderful prize for anyone!.....I gotta enter more contests...I gotta enter more contests.........I gotta enter more contests  ::)

Sandmar

Teri

Jeff,  Hope you do get some more of those clocks made eventually.  :)

Cedarman

Idid notice that the clock was right twice a day.  I'll just have to check in at the right time. :D :D
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

OneWithWood

One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Paschale

asy

Wowwee!

You all remembered little ol' me???

Crikey, I feel fantastic!

Roxie emailed me to ask if I was still alive, and told me you were asking after me, and so I wandered sleepilly in and had a looksee...

I'm not moving, we didn't get the farm, there were problems with the bank, and it all just got too hard at the end, and I am honestly more than a little devastated at that, but oh well, we'll get there one day.

I have had a little house for some time now, and it's been on the market, but hasn't been selling...  and so we decided to give it a lick of paint and see whether it would sell then... but... the little lick of paint has ended up with a full renovation and is all-consuming at the moment. We have the ceiling off in most of the house, and didn't I stand there and look up and wish with all my might CK was standing there...  (Sunlight coming through in places...) :D

Beenthere and Sawguy, your remembering me has really cheered me up, thanks heaps.

My arthritis is seriously playing up, and pulling a house apart with a hammer and wrecking bar isn't helping my hands, they are sore and I'm not spending much time on the puter. Also, my daughter fried the motherboard on my laptop by accidentally pouring water into it, so I'm not on the computer much...  (poor thing still feels bad...).

I will try to post some photos of the renovation over the weekend, if anyone's interested.

Otherwise, HI all, and I'm sure glad you still remember who I am.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Roxie

YEAH!!!! Good to hear from ya!!   8)
Keep us posted on those renovations!!   :D
Say when

Roxie

Note to Paschale:  You'll have to watch carefully now to make sure that some cute chickee isn't getting close to ya, just to get your clock!   smiley_roller
Say when

Paschale

Well, I'll gladly have all the cute chickees that want to sidle up next to me for a sight of that clock to do so!   :D  Though my girlfriend might not appreciate it.   ;)

Asy, it's good to see you back online, and I hope the project goes smoothly and is soon just  a distant memory. 

Teri

tnlogger

Asy glad ya back it was starting to get boring here  ;D. Ya sure know how ta
keep everyone on their toes  ;). yup keep us updated cause ya'll know we done missed ya.
gene

Ernie

Hey Asy, just because we thrashed you in netball and even in Sydney at that, you don't have to hide away, missed your Aussie humour :)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Thank You Sponsors!