iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Live reporting from Sawlex

Started by populus, May 31, 2005, 11:48:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

populus

For those of you not coming (sorry, Chet) to Sawlex, Jeff and I have plans to keep you informed. I will be posting stories and pictures from Sawlex directly from the Forestry Forum booth in the exhibit hall. These will be posted on my weblog, Tree Trends, and I will put links to each story in this thread. We will also try to set up a webcam for live pictures. So, check this thread during Sawlex for the latest!

Thanks to Jeff and to Ted Hugger for helping set this up.

DanG

That sounds like a lot of fun, but scarey at the same time.  I mean, I'll never live it down if the webcam catches me picking my nose or something. :o :-[
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jeff

Dont worry, its only a moment in time. The photo will over-write itself every minute. THere will never be more then one photo at a time.  :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

DanG

OH!  So I can pick my nose and nobody will ever know. WHEW! ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Ianab

QuoteDont worry, its only a moment in time. The photo will over right it self every minute. THere will never be more then one photo at a time.

Well.... unless someone was running a webcam recording program....  smiley_idea  ;)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

Do you know how ti do that Ian??

Ianab

yeah.. I'm sure I've got a little freeware program here someplace...   ??? ::)
I just need to point it at the webcam page, it watches for when the pic changes, and saves a copy, you just end up with hundreds of jpgs with time / date names in a folder. Sort thru em later looking for the incrimanating ones. ;)
If you let me know where the webcam page is going to be I'll run a test on it when I get a chance.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Jeff

Ian, the webpage can be accessed using the link above next to news that says "Forestry Forum Webcam"

Also, the photo should be available here when set up. What you will see right now is the webcam set up as a test pointing at my driveway.

populus

Looks great. Thanks, Jeff and Ian. We'll get it set up at Sawlex and Friday morning.

GF

Way to go Jeff and all, I would have like to went but will be out of town that weekend and the following week, this will give me the next best thing to being there.

DanG

You sure that thing is working? ???  I been watching and that truck ain't moved all morning.  Does it even run?

Jeff

It'll be moving shortly. I gotta turn it around and start putting some things in the back.  How come yer still home? Hit the road buddy! ;)

Texas Ranger

Humph, truck still aint moved, them boys up there move slower than an Arkansas retired governor. 8)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Jeff

Dont know what yer talking about there Don, truck as moved a couple times.

Larry

I just looked and there is a WM towing the truck around.:D  DanG is probably right about the truck not working. ;D
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

OneWithWood

Yep.  Truck is gone.  Jeff must be out for ice-cream  :)
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Jeff

Quote from: OneWithWood on June 01, 2005, 03:43:26 PM
Yep.  Truck is gone.  Jeff must be out for ice-cream  :)

I wish. :-\ Try Physical Therapy, now its parked in the back to unload hit and miss and load up supplies for tomorrow.  I'm goona bring the soviet chainsaw along so people can get a look at it. :)

OneWithWood

Uh, Jeff, don't they make you lift your arm and rotate your wrist and stuff like that in PT?  Seems to me you could practice all that with a tub of IC in front of you.  'Course you could forget about ever gettin' in the truck again  ;D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ianab

Cool... I'll do a test run this afternoon when I get home  :)

Jeff

It'll be dark  :D  actually, the cam is down now until we (hopefully) get it up at sawlex. I have it packed now and ready to go.

Ianab

I'm sure I can find something to test it on  ;)

Furby

Isn't it going to be hard for you to keep an eye on Ianab?
I mean the time differance and all, or does the program have some type of timer?

Ianab

Recorder is running now.  ;)

It looks at the pic every 30 seconds, but only downloads / saves if the time stamp on the file has changed. So I'll just leave it running, if the camera doesn't update it just loops untill something happens.

Ian

Kirk_Allen

WERE HERE 8) 8) 8) 8)
Jeff & Tammy
Buzzsawyer
StumpJumper and family

If you didnt make it your missing out!

Got to run the Peterson mill today!  More to come.  Time to eat! 

populus

Good evening. We have arrived near Niles and are ready for the morning. Nice to see that some of you are here. Kirk, I am really jealous that you got your hands on the Peterson already. Tomorrow it will probably be like Disneyland - everyone in line for the favorite rides.

I have started up the Tree Trends Sawlex blog. Just go to Tree Trends Sawlex for updates. Of course, I don't have much to say until tomorrow morning!

Thank You Sponsors!