iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Goodyear outboard

Started by Blake22, May 30, 2005, 08:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blake22

I was just wonderin' if any of you gentlemen know anything about a Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co. outboard motor. I found one at the trash dumpster the other day & it looks pretty good. I have not had time to check it out but I think I can make it run.

Many thanks, Blake
Blake

Fla._Deadheader

Probably a promotion gimmick. Does it resemble the Wizard, Sears, Monkey Wards, or any of the other Generic looking motors ???

Way back in the last century, when I was 5 years old, I was driving a Maytag Race Car. It had the 1 cylinder gas-oil mix Maytag Washer Motor in it.

It was a sales promotion dealy. I also saw an Evinrude Race Car, from the early years.  All Cars were Kid sized.  ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Blake22

It very well could be a gimmick. But it has a manufactures metal tag riveted on that says Goodyear..... .... Co. Also has 5 hp at

such/such rpm. Looks official. On the cover has CEE BEE. I don't know if it resembles another brand 'cause I ain't old enough to know.
Blake

Ianab

A quick look at Google brings up some hits about those outboards.
Seems like they were made by Cee Bee and sold by Goodyear.... I dont know anything about them, but at least that explains whats going on with the name tags

Cheers

Ian

A bit more from Google....
Cee Bee was actually manufactured by the Gale Corporation, a subsidiary of OMC who also manufactured Johnson and Evinrude
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Fla._Deadheader

There ya go  8) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

Blake22

Thanks for the help. I looked around the web last nite & it was made in 1954. Also cleaned it up a bit & got 1 cylinder to fire, plug

wire is bad on the other. Pretty good find all in all. Wonder why somebody would just throw it away? Might be mad wife.

Thanks again! B   ;D
Blake

Fla._Deadheader

OLD = Junk, don'tcha know ??   ;D ;D ;D  Good find.  Check around on Ebay for a relative price.  Look for collectors.  ;) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Thank You Sponsors!