iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sachs-Dolmar 116si

Started by Motor Devil, May 28, 2005, 10:24:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Motor Devil

I run a Sachs-Dolmar 116si.  It's a 60cc pro saw, it's treated me well for about 4 years now and it hasn't been difficult finding parts because they were bought out by Makita and they have a depot near my house.  I have to change the oil pump on it and I'm looking for any info, tips and tricks, cautions or whatever.  I want to make this saw last a while so it's worth it to me to fix it.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!!
Big or small, I take care of them all!

fishhuntcutwood

I don't know Dolmars, but can you get manuals for them? That'd be the first place I started.  Manuals don't tell you everything, but they can speed up your learning curve when working on your own saws.  Find a good dealer and see if you can get ahold of anything-parts manual, service manual whatever.  If no joy, check ebay.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

Motor Devil

I just might give e-bay a shot.  Like I mentioned before, Makita bought out Sachs-Dolmar a while back and now markets the saws under the Makita name.  I checked into parts manuals and they don't make them anymore, and the Makita ones have a whole different part number and laballing system so it's a pain to try to find anything.  The brand new oil pump cost me 40 bucks and the new muffler with gaskets and bolts ran me 60 so the prices are reasonable for the parts.  Just gotta work on the know-how for that brand :P
Big or small, I take care of them all!

JD_Kid

Hi ya
i have a 120si  and looking at the book i have it covers both the 120si and the 116si  if i recall right ya need a puller to replace the oil pump   ..i replaced mine a few years ago as it pitted and had holes in the caseing .. i have seen a PDF file somewhere with the part numbers and all the info  maybe on the dolmar  or makita site ...parts are a tad hard to get i think tho i wanted an outer  caseing that houses the brake band etc etc  but i was told that part is not in stock anymore  :'( if i recall right ya need a piston stop to take the clutch assy off or and impact gun works ok   then slide off all the clutch parts  then unscrew the oiler  and use a puller on the drive  cam .pay to check the wear on clutch  and also the needle roller  while ya have it apart ..
hope something there helps
catch ya
JD
I used to smoke camels but found them hard to light and kicked to much

Kevin

The oil pump is ubolted and then pulled.
They advise to change the worm gear when changing the pump.

Thank You Sponsors!