iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What is this plant

Started by Junior437t, May 28, 2005, 07:27:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junior437t

I have found 2 of this plant where I work. They are about 18 inches tall. They are in a damp area, 1 is about 3 feet from a ditch and the other about 5 feet from a little stream. They are about 50 feet apart. There are a few small oak trees in the area and large hemlock fairly close.  I have looked within about 50 feet of them and found no others. Both have 2 stems with 3 leaves each. The leaves are about 2-3 inches wide. The "stem" in the middle is about 1/2 inch in diameter and has a "flap" over the top.

Tom

The plant with the 3 leaves looks like the beginning of a blackberry.   I can't see the "flapped" structure very good, but, I would surmise that it is one of the Venus Flytraps.  I sure would like to see a bigger picture.  :)

(might be a bladder wort)

Junior437t

I resized the picture using Paint Shop Pro and I couldn't get it any better andkeep it within the limits. I am going to download and try to do it with the program mentioned in a post about photos. The leaves are smooth on the edges, I believe blackberry should be jagged. I will try to post a better picture

Junior437t

Maybe this will be a better pic. I searched Google for bladder wort and what I found suggests that bladder wort grows in the water. The area around these plants is just damp. Thanks

Junior437t

I found an answer to my own question. I believe this is a Jack in the Pulpit. Thanks

Tom

Those carniverous plants are interesting, Aren't they?   I'm glad you found it.  :)

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

SwampDonkey

Yup, Jack-in-the-pulpit. They are edible, but if you don't cook'm first your mouth is gonna burn. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!