iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Belly Pan or Skid Plate Kit for Tractor?

Started by firtol88, May 27, 2005, 10:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

firtol88

John Deere doesn't seem to have any plans to offer a skid plate kit for it's 3000 series tractors. I contacted The company who manufactured Deeres old skid plates http://www.grmfg.com/agricultural.htm but they don't plan to cover the 3000 series at this time.  :'(.

Can you think of any companies who manufacture Belly Pan or Skid Plate Kits?

TIA for any help!
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

* Note to Democrats, yes please flee to Canada!

Tom

The best skid plate/radiator shield I ever saw was one my Father-in-Law made for a Ford 3000.  Well, actually, he designed it and took the tractor to a welding/frabrication shop and had it built.  It costs much less than comercially available equipment, was heavier duty and the welder had some good ideas too.   Things that were included were guards for lights and rails on the sked plate, access holes for maintenance, quick attach/detach (ffew bolts) and built in tool boxes and storage bins.

Maybe you could do the same thing.   It would be worth a try if you have a good fabrication shop nearby. :)

firtol88

I might just try afro engineering something if I can't find one.

A picture is worth a thousand words, ten might be worth a million... hint  ;D
There's men who drink Guinness, and there's men who drink what's left when we're done with it.

Tom

Don't have a pictue. The tractor hs been adopted by a Brother in Law ont the other side of the state.  :)

firtol88

firtol88

Thank You Sponsors!