iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thoughts on tree nursery

Started by Doc, May 26, 2005, 01:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doc

I am not sure if I put this in the right section or not, and I am sure the boss will move it appropriately if I did not. this seemed like the right place.

I have expressed my intentions of purchasing some acreage here withthe thoughts of timber in mind. Knowing that I will have to have some kind of income as well I have thought about setting aside a portion of the place for use as a tree nursery (several acres for raised beds or pot setups). Anyone here tried this, or have suggestions on this subject?

I don't want to get huge in an operation like this, but think on a small to medium scale this could be a very viable possibility.

Doc

thedeeredude

Will you set a radio up to play Nursery Rhymes so the trees grow better?  Ring around the cherry, axes, axes they all fall down 8)

Doc

Quote from: thedeeredude on May 26, 2005, 01:46:36 PM
Will you set a radio up to play Nursery Rhymes so the trees grow better?  Ring around the cherry, axes, axes they all fall down 8)

I got a Peavey setup for that! Some six foot high concert speakers (I worked for them years ago). I am just trying to figure out how I am gonna put diapers on those danged taproots! that is a real quandry.....

Doc

Jeff

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Doc

Quote from: Jeff B on May 26, 2005, 02:20:27 PM
THis should be an intersting thread for you started by Paul_H

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=2671.0

I have yet to read an uninteresting thread here Jeff! The knowledgebase amongst the threads here is amazing to say the least.

I appreciate the link.

How is the new found love of millin' going?

Doc

Jeff

Well, I aint had a log since I posted about hitting my firt iron. Still concentrating on getting healed up, sawmill aint going anywhere cause its M I N E! ;D

Doc

What is healing? I have never been clear on that.

You might ought to be careful advertising "no logs" on this board man! Kirk may send you fuel money to come help him out!

All you folks here are great. I am glad to have found this place!

Doc

Jeff

Second surgery on my shoulder I had in mid february (first was in october). Full rotator cuff agenda, plus a mumford procedure. (where they basically trim off the end of your collar bone where it goes into the ac joint ot give the joint more room to work with out tearing up tissue.

Doc

I got one thing in response to that.

OUCH!

Hopefully 2 surgeries are enough......

I have a 2 for one special on appendage removal going. I can take care of that arm for you in short order. No arm...no trouble....

Doc

Thank You Sponsors!