iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What was I thinking?

Started by Kirk_Allen, May 25, 2005, 11:35:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff and 5 Guests are viewing this topic.

Kirk_Allen

I went over to my Dads yesterday afternoon.  Boy was that a mistake ;D  First cutting!

The four of us put up just over 700 bales in 4 hours.  I tried to get the supervisor position on the tractor but Dad would have no part of that!  I dont care to do that again anytime soon. 
I hope this critter enjoys the efforts of our labor :D

Frank_Pender

The trouble with the cutter, is that you still have to handle some of the same material only in a different form, later. :'(
Frank Pender

Kirk_Allen

What goes in must come out!  :D

I think he spends twice as much time cleaning stalls as he does bailing hay ;D

crtreedude

As a kid I did that.

Once down here we had a part vibrate loose on a vehicle. Since we were on the finca (farm) I asked the guys for bailing wire to fix it. Blank looks. What is bailing wire they said?  I said it is used to bail hay. Blank look again - what is hay?

I said, that is when you store grass for the winter......  :-[  and about then I really realized I was in a different world. In our part of the country - there is no end to the growing season.
So, how did I end up here anyway?

sawguy21

I did that in my teens too.  Boy, my fingers start to hurt just thinking abut it
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Roxie

I can smell that hay all the way over here!   :)  Hmmmmm.  Nice. 
Say when

Kirk_Allen

$2.00 a bale of prime Alfalfa, all you can haul!  ;D

DanG

Bring a hunnerd bales to Sawlex for me! ;D ;D  GareyD, is there a trailer hitch on that vehicle we're riding in? ::) ??? :D :D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

twoodward15

at least you had a crew of 4 to do that.  I used to get tot he field that was already bailed.  I'd put the tractor in first gear and idle and get off and load up the wagon myself, then get to the tractor to go for the next row and on and on until it was all loaded up to take to the barn, then I had to unload it myself and get back to the field!!  But I was real young then too!!!
108 ARW   NKAWTG...N      Jersey Thunder

pigman

Three of us put 120 of these in the barn today. Me, myself, and I. ;)  It was hard stacking the bales three high, but someone had to do it. :P I know you put in more bales Kirk, but mine are bigger. :D

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Ironwood

Reminds me of a coupple of sayings, "more hay" we would yell as the guys on the wagon buried us in the mow by loading the elevator with continous bales. And " road gear" as  we powered up for the trip down the road to the barn, warning those foolish enough to ride the top of the wagon as we took off. STILL USE both of those saying all the time and while folks around me thiink I am nuts (they don't know the meanings usually) I get a certain youthful grin. Thanks Reid
There is no scarcity of opportunity to make a living at what you love to do, there is only scarcity of resolve to make it happen.- Wayne Dyer

Kirk_Allen

Yours are bigger but you cheated ;D  You had a machine move them big things  ;D

moosehunter

I used to love the mindless labor of throwing hay bales around. Nobody uses small bales around here any more :(
Not much tastes better than a cold barley sandwich pulled out of the ice after the last bale on a 90 deg day!!
MH
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Fraxinus

Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Thank You Sponsors!