iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

grade Sawing in Pac Northwest

Started by Duncan, May 25, 2005, 10:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duncan

Is anyone sucessful in grade sawing in the pacific northwest?
I have been looking to get into it but the numbers don't seem to be working out all that well.  I have looked into alder and Maple so far but haven't looked into cherry.

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Kelly
Kelly

Frank_Pender

Duncan, where are you located ibn Washington?  I have had some pretty good success in selling Wild Cherry for everything from kitchen cabinets, 4 panel interior door, rocking chairs for fiddlers, banjos, moulding and window trim.   8) 8)
Frank Pender

Duncan

Did you forget me allready frank?

I went down to visit you with Gillman a couple of months back.  Been doing mostly fir beams and siding but wanted to get into a steady broker type business that yeilds steady profits.

Kelly
Kelly

Duncan

Forgot,

Also saw you at the oregon logging conference.
Kelly

Frank_Pender

Duncan, I am lucky to recognized the person in the mirror when I look.  I appologize.    I have had so many people here since you that I am fortunate to even recognize the wife when she comes around the mill or goes to feed the blind horse. 8) 8) 8)
Frank Pender

Ron Wenrich

Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Bibbyman

Quote from: Frank_Pender on May 25, 2005, 11:42:33 PM
Duncan, I am lucky to recognized the person in the mirror when I look.  I appologize.    I have had so many people here since you that I am fortunate to even recognize the wife when she comes around the mill or goes to feed the blind horse. 8) 8) 8)

Frank,  I have the same problem.   ::)

We've met and talked to so many people I can't keep it straight.  I'll bump into someone and know I know them but can't come up with a name or where/how I know them.   I've had long conversations with people and then turn to Mary – "Who was that guy?".

I get two of our customers confused about every time I meet them.  They look very much alike.  Although I've known both for years, I only see each about once a year.  Last time I bumped into one on the grocery store parking lot and we had a short conversation and went on our way.  Mary says, "Do you know who you were talking to?"  I said, "That was such and such.  Wasn't it?"  She said, "No,  it was what's his name.  You were thinking it was such and such."   :-[

No harm done except to my assessment of my failing memory.  :(
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Frank_Pender

You got that absolutely right, Bibbyman. :'(
Frank Pender

Duncan

No offense taken and no I'll will meant,

I was meaning to poke fun at you Frank,  but you on the other hand are pretty hard to forget.  I am located in Washougal, WA close to Vancouver, Wa right on the mouth of the Columbia Gorge.
Kelly

Duncan

Has anyone had any good dealings with an alder broker and if so who?
Kelly

Thank You Sponsors!