iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Rain,how long

Started by thecfarm, May 25, 2005, 08:49:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thecfarm

Been raining here 17 out of the last 23 days.Rain for the last 5 weekends and this weekend is suppose to be another washout.Rivers are bank full for the third time this year.Our greenhouse business is not doing good,nor is anyone else in this business.Don't know how the farmers are going to get into their fields.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Fraxinus

Kinda depressin' ain't it? :( :'(
Grandchildren, Bluegrass music, old tractors, trees and sawmills.  It don't get no better'n that!

Ianab

With rain like that are you sure you haven't moved to NZ and not noticed  ??? :D

Looking back though we have only had rain 18 out or the last 30days, bit of a dry spell really  ::)
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ron Wenrich

And its starting to get dry in PA.  We had all the clouds, but none of the rain.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

woodmills1

it is back to being downright soggy here, and with all the wind i can't ever burn the scrap pile.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

estiers

I always think its funny that it always either seems to be too dry, or too wet. :D
Erin Stiers
State Plant Health Director - Minnesota
United States Department of Agriculture

OneWithWood

We had a real gully washer last week.  Recorded 4.7 inches in one hour.  I had three culverts get blocked up, one washed pretty badly.  Just one more item jumpng on to the need to do soon list :(
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Ed_K

I started a logging job on monday, and haven't been able skid the rest of the week. Oh Well, maybe next week ::).
Ed K

woodmills1

my fence guy came in for a load today with a machine behind and couldnt make up the little incline in 4 wheel drive :o :o :o.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

SwampDonkey

Been showers here almost every day this month. I think there is less than 3 inches recorded at Caribou Maine, but it's messy in the woods. It's never been allowed to dry out. Alot of farmers haven't scratched much of the ground. The old farm here has only 25 acres ploughed and there's another 375 to go.  :-\ Locally I see about 8 acres or potatoes in and 20 acres of grain. A long way to go yet. Great tree palnting weather though. ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

pigman

Rain is over. ;D  I need help to dig for the gold. ;) If there is a double rainbow, is there double the amount of gold?  :P Didn't get much rain but got rainbow. 8)

Things turn out best for people who make the best of how things turn out.

Junior437t

I was always told that if it rained on Easter Sunday, it would rain the next 13 Sundays. So far we have had at least a shower each Sunday since Easter.

Quartlow

I'm begining to think we should start a forestry forum ark  ;D
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!