Previous topic - Next topic

bigwoods

Any feedback on the new husky 455?

SawTroll

According to published specs. the power to weight ratio is really bad! >:(

That's really all you need to know.....
Information collector.

sawguy21

I tried one and did not notice any performance gains over the 55R although it was not broken in. It  seemed smoother and the handles are more comfortable. We won't have them until September at the earliest so the jury is still out.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

fishhuntcutwood

I've only very breifly handled a 55R, and it was a decent homeowner saw.  The 455 supercedes the 55R, but from what I've read, and been told, the 55R is the better saw.  They're suppsed to be close the same hp and weight, but for a couple of reasons that I can't recall, the 455 is supposed to be a bit of a let down from the 55R.  Like SawTroll said, the power/weight ratio is lacking, and that's common on alot of homeowner saws.  So if that's how you're using it, it may not be that much of a concern. But if you're looking to do anything beyond light firewood use or trimming around the house, I'd consider stepping up into a 346 or 359.

Jeff
MS 200T
MS 361
440 Mag
460 Mag
056 MII
660 Mag

sawguy21

The 55R with 73 chain and 18"bar is our most popular homeowner saw. It will cut circles around the MS290/310 and we sell both brands so don't start into me  :D Most of my customers are acreage owners with a lot of aspen, some birch and spruce.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!