Previous topic - Next topic

sawman

Just curious as to what you cutters are using:

What Brand ?
Type ?
Reduced kickback style ?
Reduced vibration style ?
What problems, or changes you'd like.

Some manufacturers have introduced a new gereration of lower vibration chain. Any experience-comments.

Thanks.
'14 LT40 Hydraulic 26 HP koehler ,massey ferguson 2200 forklift, Case IH D40
Wallenstein FX85

Kevin

Sawman, I`m using Oregon LG, round ground chisel.
I don`t use chain with bumper links or bumper drivers because they won`t accept my roller filing guide.

Bro. Noble

We use Stihl flat topped chisel.

We don't use safty chain because we can't use our fil-o-plate to file drags.  How do they expect you to maintain a chain if you can't file the drags?

We have a grinder that we bought expecting to use once in a while to even up teeth or to use after trying to saw rocks or chokers.  Seems that once you use it on Stihl chain, the teeth are too hard to file.  We barley spark them now and never use a file except on the drags.  Never had any luck grinding drags, I want them perfect and filed for the individual tooth and for either soft or hardwood.

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Tillaway

Oregon square ground semi-skip chisel preferred for most cutting.  Will run round ground full comp chisel on smaller saws.  Oregon mostly but Stihl is welcomed as well.
Making Tillamook Bay safe for bait; one salmon at a time.

Sawyerfortyish

My favorite chain is carlton chain it seems to hold an edge for a longer period of time in the sharp to dull range I used it on my firewood processor and hit barb wire and nails  with little damage just touch up and saw more. It seemed to be a bit harder than Oregon or Stihl chain.I bought it at the New York state woodsmans feild days for about 3or4 years but they weren't there last year and can't find a dealer in my area. :'(

Thank You Sponsors!