iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Camp

Started by sprucebunny, May 22, 2005, 07:57:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sprucebunny

My ex-husband and I own a 6 acre lot on a mountain about 5 miles from each of our houses. Some weekends we meet there with our campers and work collecting firewood or improving the looks of the ice damaged forest.
I thought you might enjoy some of the things we've built and do ;D

Every camp needs a fireplace and a bar/workbench ;D

Stairs up the hill
The area was damaged by ice in '98

Road grader. This probably wouldn't work on anything but gravel. The whole site is rotten rock.
If we could excavate and sell it , we'd be rich ;D
MS193, MS192 and an 026  Weeding and Thinning. Gilbert Champion sawmill

SwampDonkey

Nice pictures of your place. That was a bad storm wasn't it? We had to cut down alot of boxelder from the edge of our property, along the highway. The 'rottin rock' makes some nice roads, reminds me of 'mack-a-davie' gravel they used along the railways here. That term won't be found in the dictionary, my uncle always called it that.  :-X The bedspring idea is pretty neet for smoothing the surface.  ;D Looks like alot of work into those steps up the bank. They head out a hiking trail? or is that the stairway to the throne room? ;)  ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

graderbunny  ;D
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Well by gollie, I've learned a new word and didn't realize it 'till I got searching for the 'mack-a-davie' term, in my previous post, from Webster's Dictionary. Yup, even tho it's spelled wrong, there is a word 'macadam' which is small broken stones used in making roads and 'macadamized' which is to make a road by rolling successive layers of macadam on a dry earth roadbed. Well there ya go. Well slap me with a fir bow. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Patty

I like the road grader, SB.

A four wheeler with tracks, now that is pretty cool.  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

sprucebunny

:D :D :D Marcel ;D

Thanks SwampDonkey ...I recognized "mack-a-davie" as a derivative of macadam and I knew that was a road surface but I didn't know exactly what kind .... There was a lot of ice in the area but I'd guess that 75% of the trees have survived, even if they don't look too good. The lot we have was logged before we bought it and that left a mess....of firewood ;D The steps go to a little trail.... lots more cutting to get very far on it ::)
The steps weren't too hard to build, good digging in that rotten rock. It was flattening out the place just above them that was alot of shoveling .

Yes, Patty, I keep the tracks on all year cause they increase  traction and  are less damaging to wet areas on my other lot . I like my grader ...it works and was free ;D

UNCLEBUCK

That looks great s.b. ! When you camp out do you always stay in campers have you ever pitched tents there? I suppose you got bears and moose so a camper is better ? I like mountains but isnt many here in mn. Nice trail too !  Kind of neat how you and your ex can hang out like that . I never been married but me and my fiance have many plans to do stuff together like you and your ex are doing . Get it all done the way you want it and get re-married !  ;D   Hey is macadam a equivalent of macadamia like from hawaii ? 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Ernie

Quote from: sprucebunny on May 22, 2005, 07:57:40 AM
My ex-husband and I own a 6 acre lot on a mountain about 5 miles from each of our houses.

The guy must have been a fool to lose you
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

sprucebunny

Thanks, Ernie smiley_blush I didn't get very far away , though. We still have an activity about every third Saturday . ATVs or boats. We bought this land after we were divorced ;D Life can be strange :D

UNCLEBUCK  we usually take campers cause we have them and it's close and they are comfy ;D Moose and bears pass thru there now and then but they don't worry me much. On my land further north where I would be alone and miles from a road, I might be more nervous  ;)

UNCLEBUCK

Well I think camping is fun in a camper too and with a spot like that I think I would go there alot . When a person makes nice steps like that it sometimes means thats the spot for a future home or cabin or something . I bet that trail is rugged in the winter time . I have to pull up my maps and check out northern new hampshire and see what its like . Hey do you get that acid rain where you are there ?
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

sawguy21

MacAdam was the Scot that came up with the idea of hard surfacing roads. Their muddy roads needed all the help they could get ;D
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Brad_S.

Very cool, SB.
I'm with UncleBuck, I think it's great you and your ex can get together without cops involved! :D  I've never been divorced, but many I know who are couldn't exist in the same area code, much less play together.
Doesn't macadam involve putting down a layer of oil/tar followed by a topping of stone?
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

james

tar plus macadam =tarmac (thats what those brittish chaps call asphalt)

Thank You Sponsors!