iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

we have a new baby--guess who delivered her

Started by Gordon, July 01, 2002, 09:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Our first was in 1981. Two weeks in neo-natal intensive care was only $19,000 :-/  It cost $450 just for the ambulance that took him from Clare to Saginaw.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

Mom went into labor with me in the afternoon of July 3, 1950.  Dad sent two of my uncles to fetch the doctor to our log home without modern conveniences.  The last mile of the trip was by farm wagon pulled by mules as the road was not passable by car.  I was born about 2:00am July 4.

After sunrise,  Dad asked the doctor how much he owed him and he said:  "I normally get $20 but if you don't have it,  it can wait."  I'm sure it was one of Dad's proudest moments as he knew the customary charge for a delivery and had saved a $20 bill from the sale of his hogs and was able to promptly pay his bill. ;D

That's the trouble with the health care system today - too many middlemen. ;)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Bro. Noble

Hey Bibbyman,  

I've heard a saying something about 'you get what you pay for'?  Isn't that in the Bible somewhere?

Just kidding.  I was born under about the same circumstances.  My parents were sawmilling in Arkansas at the time and lived in a rural area under primitaive conditions.  They went up to Grandma's in Douglas county Mo for me to be born.  Dad only had to go 5 mi. to get the Dr., Grandad had a really good spring, and I didn't come into this world with the stigma of being an ARKANSAWYER.

Jeff I was right with you on the ultimate birth date until you made that typo!  It's July 21, 1945

Noble
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Jeff

So Bib, can it be safely said that your folks traded hog(s) for you? More then 1?? :o :o

CHARLIE

I always wondered why Bibbyman sounded so intelligent and was so purty he could get a good looking woman to marry him. Now I know......he was born in July too!

Jeff, I always considered '44 (as Tom says, that's way back in the 1900's) as the peak year, but '45 comes pretty dang close. '61 must've been a good year too.  I think it has to do if the phase of the moon is lined up with the stars. ::)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Corley5

Gordon,
  Congrats what a  8) 8) 8) 8) if not scary way to deliver.  You've got one hell of story to tell people about how she came into the world.  Did I see her name in the previous posts?  If I did it didn't register.  What is it?  Wow!!  I had time to take a shower before we left for the Hosp. and Zack wasn't born for 14hours after we got there.  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Gordon

Her name is Heather and she is doing GREAT. We were blessed with another healthy one, thank the man upstairs. I would be a nervous wreck to go through what Jeff had to go through with his newborn.

Oh and with the baby before this one, Jessica. When the mrs woke me up she made me a pot of coffee while I took a quick shower. This time was just the oppsite. Shew what a day.

Hay Greg how is your youngin doing?
Gordon

Eggsander

Jeff, I can top you on the $/ hr at least. Overnight in Neo-Natal ICU along with the hometown bill and the ambulance ride to Rochester ... over $13,000.  :o But then as they say in the commercial, finding out at 2:00 A.M. after being up over a day and a half that your newborn boy is absolutely A.O.K.
:) :)Priceless :) :)
Steve

Corley5

Zach's doing GREAT too!! 8) ;D :) ;D.  He was at the doctor's a week or so ago and weighed in at 11 1/2 pounds and was 24" long.  He is average for weight but according to the Doc out of a hundred babies only five would be taller than he is.  He is sleeping thru some nights now.  That's real  8) 8).  Mommy goes back to work Aug 2.  He's going to get along just fine with out her but I'm not sure how she's going to do with him :-/ ;D
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

RSteiner

Congratulations Gordon  8)

I don't think I could have done what you did, You Da Man!

Randy
Randy

MemphisLogger

Scott Banbury, Urban logger since 2002--Custom Woodworker since 1990. Running a Woodmizer LT-30, a flock of Huskies and a herd of Toy 4x4s Midtown Logging and Lumber Company at www.scottbanbury.com

Roxie

Gordon...that was the best story...the most wonderful news!   You did VERY well.   :D
Your wife and little Heather are beautiful.  
Congratulations!!  
Say when

Fla._Deadheader

Way to go, Gordon. All we went through was 72 hours of 123 MPH winds. YOU had the BIG job. 8) 8) 8)   Glad to see the Mrs and little one are doing well.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

Hey y'all need to know that this was a dredged up thread about an event that happened over two years ago!  Its still cool but just know it didn't jest happen. :)

Engineer

Gordon,

Great story, got to say it was a bit more eventful than my wife giving birth this past Friday.  We had ours all scheduled for a pre-planned c-section, day and time and all, even knew we were having a boy.  Yours, you'll remember for the rest of your life; me, I won't remember the details at all.  Congrats.  Bring your daughter to the FF piggy roast and I'll bring my boy Russell, and we'll introduce them.   ;D

Jon

EZ

Good job Gordon. If it was me doing the delivery thing, I would have past out before it got started. ;D
Glad all is well.
EZ

Haytrader

Jeff,

We that were born in the 7th month of the year noticed it was an old thread.

;)

Gordon,

It would be nice to see a current pic of Heather...hint hint
Haytrader

Gordon

Here is a current picture of her at her younger brothers 1st birthday party. She is making a fast getaway with one of his gifts.

Sorry about the misunderstanding of the thread age.

Congrats to JON on the birth of a boy!!! you know how many tries it took me to end up with a boy---never mind you don't want to know but I do have a hockey team. Don't worry you will remember that C-section in years to come as well. Pretty darn neat when they pull that little baby out isn't it.

Gordon

CHARLIE

Wow Gordon! She's growing up fast!  She's pretty too. Must take after her mother. ;D  I didn't realize it had been that long since you delivered her. Thanks for the updated picture. :)
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

chet

Man time does fly. That picture proves it. Just think, shortly you'll be posting a picture of her in her prom dress.  :)
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

VA-Sawyer

Chet,
I just noticed the picture under your handle. Is it like "Green Acres" up there, or what ? Is that a picture of you in the tree ? Do you have to climb up in the tree to connect your laptop to the internet like they had to climb the pole to get the phone on "Green Acres"  ?  ;D
I didn't realize just how privledged my life has been till I was reading some of this stuff on the Forum.  :D

Jeff.... I was aware that this was an old thread. First heard about it from Gordon on the "50 billion" thread. That was what drew my interest here....  I saw his name listed as starting this thread.

VA-Sawyer

asy

Hey Gordon!

Great story and great photos!

How's about an update photo??? She'd be 3 now?

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

red

2 babies delivered in 2 days , at Burger King have it your way . . now to explain more . I love searching Forestryforum and to find a post where one of our members delivered a baby at a Mc Donalds just matches my story perfect. The Burger King in Denville NJ had two babies delivered in two days . Maybe someone can post the link .
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

red

Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Thank You Sponsors!