iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Leaf Match Game

Started by jeff, March 24, 2001, 06:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigtim, beenthere, TimW, John Mc and 18 Guests are viewing this topic.

Jeff

This is about a little pet project I started last summer. I tried to get input and ideas from other places, but never with much interest.

The current version is incomplete. I need some more tree photos for the "success level". and perhaps you guys will have some cool ideas for other additions also. 

I realize you have no idea what I am talking about, so download the program, play with it, let your kids play with it. And then let me know what you think of it.https://forestryforum.com/forumgame.zip

Level one is the "sasquatch" skill level
Level 2 is the "Forest" skill level
Level 3 is the Paul and Babe skill level.

There is a start screen which leads to each level. When you succesfully match all the leaf types on any given skill level, it goes to the "success" level.

The Paul and babe level, and the success level is where the game needs the most work yet.

I have never mentioned it before, but I have made other games, and one in particular was downloaded over 37,000 times before I took the site down. I could not afford the band width. It was called the Daydream Midi Jukebox. My friends here can still get it at .https://forestryforum.com/jukebox.exe
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Don P

Jeff,
I'm terrible at matching games, I have a great memory its just real short. But the leaf images are burned in my brain(ok, simple minds) so it works I think.
When babe pops up at a correct response can the tree just matched pop up?

Jeff

Good Idea. Hate to get rid of babe completly though...

Gordon

Well it took a couple of times to get the download straight. Or maybe it was my great computer knowledge that had something to do with it. Reguardless I've got the leafgame and it's up and running with only one problem at this time.

The way it keeps scores---the wife says she is getting much better scores than myself. That just can't be so. Can it? :D

The kids haven't got a chance to play it yet. Should be great to have them learing the leave types without them even realizing it.

Haven't seen that success level that you posted about Hope I will be able to see it sometime soon. Something tells me that the wife will see it before I will.:-[
Thanks Jeff!
 Gordon

Jeff

The success level is where you see the pictures of the trees. Simply goes there after last match on a level.

Guess what? I am in the middle of an upload of a special install I made just for you Gordon! I guess you wqon't be needing it. But I think it is what we will use for the final version.

I need pictures for other trees in the game if anybody can help. I have to watch out for copywrites and stuff like that.

Jeff

New download address for new install is (Same Game, prettier install process)

https://forestryforum.com/leafmatch.exe

Gordon

Jeff, a prettier install or a simpler install. ;D
Sometimes your just to kind.
But these darn computers really run me hot at times. That learning curve can be pretty darn steep at times. Jeezum petes--would hate to see if I tried to partition my harddrive. ::)

Once again thanks for the hard work Jeff. The success level I've been to now that you explained it.

Babe is a good distractor in the last level.
Gordon

Bill Johnson

Good fun, I'll be sure to tell some of my friends about it. They already know about the forum, I'm just not sure they know about this.
Bill
Bill

Jeff

Tree pictures Guys!!! I need em.

Anybody got a sugar maple handy to start?

Ron Wenrich

Why not post a list of trees you need?

Then the next question is with or without leaves?

How big of tree do you want?

Woods grown or open grown?
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Jeff

ok, I will go through the game and find out what I need. But, I can say this now, download the game! I need pictures that are similiar in look to those in the level that you reach after completing all the matches on a skill level. They all have leaves.

Ron did you download the game and look at it?

Jeff

I need:
Sugar Maple
Shag Bark Hickory
white ash
black willow
white oak
white pine
silver maple

The quality of the picture's need to be as good or better then the photos in the game now.

I can not use pictures taken from the internet unless they come with permission of use from owner.

That reminds me, we have a photographer that posted a couple times on here, wonder what happened to him.

Bill Johnson

Jeff:
 I've the opportunity to go the bush on Tue. April 10, I'll be packing the digital camera, what trees do you need for the leaf match game that I might come across. You know evergreen types, unless you are planning on doing a twig match game for budding dendrologists.
I'll check back in the a.m. to see if you have had a chance to read this.
Bill 8)
Bill

Jeff

Bill I need trees from the list above, I got the conifers covered thanks! Take some pictures anyways, Might come in handy for a contest or something someday.

SwampDonkey

Look what I dug out of the crypt.  ;D Only the links are vaporware now.  ::)

Maybe there was a reason the thread sunk, but I can't think of any good reason at all.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

It still exists if anyone wants a copy. I can get Tammy to upload it again.  That goes way back.

Furby

I have it saved on my puter from a long time back. :)

Jeff

I've been trying to remember. I think the levels were sasquatcha, forest gump and paul bunyan and babe level.

Furby

Just pulled it up, YUP, you got it boss!

SwampDonkey

Post# 1  ;D

Furb was you the photographer that disappeared? You horded all the leaf pictures. :D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

sgtmaconga

Jeff please tell me what i have set wrong. every time i click the links for the download i get an error message that says page can not be found
Measure twice cut once

SwampDonkey

Jeff has to upload it sgtmaconga. You might be able to email him and he could send you a link or something.

sgtmaconga

Measure twice cut once

Jeff

I had a couple of requests while I was in the U.P. to see if I could find these files lost in the crash. It slipped my mind until today. 

I have found the file for the Forestry Forum leaf match game and re-uploaded it.  :)

https://forestryforum.com/forumgame.zip

SPIKER

well I wanted to try it but I'm having problems installing, it goes through most of the install but locks up near end of the un-install cab fil;es.   :( 
I'm ruunning win 98se so maybe it is too old like me :p

markM :(
I'm looking for help all the shrinks have given up on me :o

Thank You Sponsors!