iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Weekend Sawing

Started by twostroke_blood, May 21, 2005, 06:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twostroke_blood

Check out what my son and i have been up too today.

My neighbor cut a couple ash trees down yesterday and thought it would be a waste to make firewood out of them. I agreed.

Rockn H

Looks like some nice lumber twostroke.  What is the thing on your mill that  looks like a retractable extension cord. Is that the control lead?

twostroke_blood

It Runs the winch that raises and lowers the head. A hydrolic motor runs the head back and forth hence the need for the retractable lead.Im also planning on installing an electric switch to work the throtle on the head motor. Lots of other stuff I'd like to add. I guess I just should have started out with an LT70 and be done with it. The problem is, for all the tree's I've taken down over the years I still have'nt  come across the MONEY TREE.                 

Rockn H

I never get tired of checking out the different mods people put on their mills.  As for as the Lt 70, I can understand, but looks like your doing pretty good with the mill you have. ;D :D ;D

twostroke_blood

Yes I like my mill real well, and I thank God for my good fortune everyday. While im on thankfulness, I'm glad my wife aproves of my wood addiction  ;D, also im really thankfull for this Forum, I'm constantly reading through the threads on here learning all I can. :) As for the LT70, although I think theyre wicked nice, I doubt I'll ever own one, Ill just make some Mods to mine. ;D ;D ;D

Ernie

Nothing better than an understanding wife ;D ;D ;D
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

twostroke_blood

Check out these wide boards my son and I cut today.
Im moving my mill back home tomorrow. My Boy and I have been spending a few weekends cutting for someone else. I wish those nice wide boards were mine.
One of the things I like about my Hud-Son mill is the table, it is ruggedly made, and with my extension I can cut long boards. On this job I cut more than 200 20' boards. What an education that was.

dail_h

Hey Erni,
   What is an unberstanding wife,and where does one find them????
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

sigidi

Hey Dail,

wifey probably doesn't 'understand' the addiciton, but she does put up with it ;)
Always willing to help - Allan

twostroke_blood

Right on sigidi,  I think the word is "tolerate" But I have an ace in the hole. Everytime she complains about my Hobbies, I remind her that I was saving for a Harley when I met her, I got married instead.  :-\   All things considered I wouldnt trade her for all the sawmills in the world. Except maybe an LT-70 with all the bells and whistles  :D :D :D

Ernie

We just celebrated our 34th wedding anniversary and have both decided that it is much easier to be "understanding" of each other particularly if I can produce a half decent looking cashflow.  Thank goodness for spreadsheets and imagination. ;) ;) ;)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

twostroke_blood

We are going to celebrate our 18th in september. As I type this message I'm sitting here with my three teenagers and one of their friends. I know I wouldnt change a thing, and I count my blessings every day. And...yesterday I ran my alpina, I mix the fuel 20:1 and inhale as much of the fumes as possible. It sets me in a good mood for the week.

Ernie

Kinda reminds me of when I was about 17 and used to put Castrol "R" in Dad's mower fuel just for the smell.  It was a 4 stroke. ;D

twostroke_blood

Keeps the mosquitos off of me. We grow em' the size of chickens round here

twostroke_blood

My neighbor Dropped off some spruce logs the other day, so my son and I were back in action today.   

Boy that 16 footer was about all my
little crawler wants to handle.  :)     

We sawed 5 logs in all from one tree
that blew over in a wind storm recently.   

About 500 b/f total.

jpad_mi

Nice looking load of lumber! What a great way for a Dad and Son to spend a Saturday!

It looks like it's time to saw up some new deck boards for the trailer. Someones gonna fall through!
Jeff P. in Michigan

twostroke_blood

:D :D Thats my neighbors trailer. I didnt want to give him a hard time about the decking considering he was hauling off all the slabs.

twostroke_blood

My son and I just finished another weekend job. we cut about 5000bf for a farmer. He was nice enough to let us use his excavator to load the logs. We cut Hemlock,Pine,Ash,and Maple. We're Getting ready to go move our mill home. We just lined up another job cutting hemlock in trade for logs, wich we need to build our sawmill barn.  Cant seem to load new pic  :D

Part_Timer

Looks like a fine way to spend a weekend to me.

my son turned 13 this weekend so we took him and a couple of his friends bowling.  I'm just gald I don't have a house full of new teens all the time.  Talk about loud.  The 25hp on the swinger isn't that loud  ;D

What kind of crawler is that?  Looks just right for the job.
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Jeff

I see you have previous photos in your gallery so not knowing how to do it must not be the problem.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

twostroke_blood

Not sure jeff  :D  I go to the upload facility but it wont let me in ......But it wouldnt be my first brain slow down  :D

Jeff

What do you mean, it wont let you in?  Just click on the image archive button above, its the same thing. then you click on upload file.

Minnesota_boy

I just tried to upload a picture too and it times me out.  What's up, Boss?
I eat a high-fiber diet.  Lots of sawdust!

twostroke_blood

Right ....but there isnt any "upload file" or "admin mode" or any of that stuff. Just user galleries and archive galleries

Jeff

Sounds to me like you lost your gallery cookie. You should log out of the forum and then back in and see what happens.

Do you see a log in or log out on the gallery?

Furby

I just uploaded a pic a bit a go.......... no problem. ;)

twostroke_blood

Hey Jeff I found my cookie  :D Thanks for the help.   Part_Timer my crawler is a 1955 OC3 Oliver. my youngest son, is 13 also, he's 99% of the reason I do this stuff. I figure its time better spent v.s hanging out on the golf course all weekend.                                           

Part_Timer

AMEN   twostroke

My son is loosing intrest fast.  I think that the swing mill is to intimidating.  I'm not sure though and he won't tell me.  At least he still likes the wood shop.

Thanks I was wondering if those crawlers had that much umph.  Now I know.

Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!