iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

what a day

Started by Quartlow, May 20, 2005, 10:59:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quartlow

I started out cleaning the office, decided to re-arange things and blow the dust out of the old box of rocks. Moved the desk hooked it back up and it wouldn't boot up.  >:( >:( >:( >:(

messed around with it for about an hour couldnt get any sign of lif out of it. power supply checked out so I figured either memory or mother board finally took a dump. Went out to a local shop and picked up a new MB processor and memmory, got it home popped it in the case, NOTHING!!  smiley_crying smiley_crying

Would even post, no beeps no nuttin, messed around a bit back to the store. figured out that since my case is like 6 years old I needed an adaptor to completly hook up the power supply. Store was cool about it though they gave it to me  8) 8)

Back home hooked it up and it hung everytime it booted.  smiley_furious3 smiley_furious3 It didn't like the old MB drivers. booted from a CD reinstalled right over the old and its back alive

What a differance!!! from a 500 athalon with 256 megs of memory to a 2.8 with 512 of ddr memory. added 2 more fans I had laying around, thing sounds like a jet taking off. no more click and wait  smiley_sleeping

on top of that I got a new monitor wendsday, well new to me any way a Nokia 445xi 21 incher. now I can sit back a rest these tired old eyes $75 used. now I just have to put the rest of the office back together, since I wasted the whole day playing computer mechanic

Needless to say I blew the woodowrking budget for this week
Breezewood 24 inch mill
Have a wooderful day!!

Thank You Sponsors!