iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First pic from my digi camera loaded...one for Bro. Noble.

Started by Paschale, May 18, 2005, 12:33:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paschale

Well, I finally have my digital camera.  Thanks to some hair-pulling aggravation followed by some kindly assistance by the Furby, Buzz and CKTate, here's a test picture.  I saw this sign on a side street in Grand Rapids, and knew I needed to take a picture of it as soon as I got my camera, and post it for Bro. Noble.   ;)

It looks like it was an old furniture factory, or else a company that supplied the old furniture industry here in Grand Rapids.  Grand Rapids used to be called the furniture capital of the world, many, many years ago.  Anyway, I just thought it was cool.   :)
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Furby

I gotta ask where in GR that sign is, and do ya know if the "200" is the addy?

Good job with the pic! 8)

Paschale

Hey Furby, it's on the corner of Cherry and Commerce downtown, sorta near Mel Trotter's Ministries.  Yup, I do believe that 200 is the address.  I think it's 200 Commerce.  It's currently a vacant building, and probably has been for years, but I suspect it'll be renovated soon, since that slummy part of downtown is slowly but surely being reborn.   8)

iain

Thank furby he sure is handy in the posting pics department ;)

iain

Furby

Think maybe one of us could "obtain" that sign before they remodel ???
;) ;D

Bro. Noble

That sign kinda reminds me of myself this morning--------kinda faded and worn,  and useless :D :D :D
milking and logging and sawing and milking

SwampDonkey

Noble, umm ;) Ya might be worn and useless, but your not faded yet. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Roxie

Noble, umm  ;) Ya might be faded and worn, but you're not useless! 
We need ya on the forum!   :)
Say when

MULE_MAN

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

:D  :D  :D   ;D    Now don't you feel better  ???
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Doc

man you guys are bringing me down with all that ribbin.....geez.... :D :D

So why you feeling useless Noble? I figured you woudl have been out and about already today.....

Doc

iain

Mr mule man, that certain age feels like its arrived very early at the moment
(jeff where's the smiley for knackered at the end of a very looong day)

iain

Paschale

Hey now...that sign isn't old, worn out and useless, it's got CHARACTER!   ;D  It's got history, and the wisdom that comes from being on this earth for awhile, much like Bro. Noble.... 8)

Jeff

It wood fit DanG nicely into my collection of "stuff" as well. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Doc

Quote from: Jeff B on May 18, 2005, 02:34:48 PM
It wood fit DanG nicely into my collection of "stuff" as well. :)

Agree that it would, but I suspect that there is thought that it might start a collection of "stuff" for Noble too.

I would imagine if someone doesn't find out something about it quick it will end up in the bottom of a dumpster or a burn pile somewhere.

Doc

Texas Ranger

Jeff, I have some "stuff" for  your collection.  All I need is an address.
::) ::)
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Paschale

It's a pretty big sign, actually.  I'd say it's about four feet long.  It hangs above the entryway of the building.  When I have some time later today, I'll try to resize a picture of the sign to give it some context.

Jeff

Quote from: Texas Ranger on May 18, 2005, 03:08:05 PM
Jeff, I have some "stuff" for  your collection.  All I need is an address.
::) ::)

O.K., but please kill anything that needs killing first. :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

SwampDonkey

"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bro. Noble

Paschale,

Good job on the digital. 

After milking this morning and cutting logs all day,  I feel pretty good.  It's time to go after the cows now and I'd rather take a nap.  I wish Furby was here to help me get the cows :)

I'm pretty sure at daylight tomorrow,  I'll feel worn and faded and usless again :D :D

I used to collect stuff,  but am kinda getting away from that now.  I like seeing Jeff accumulate stuff and enjoy it ;)

Doc

Quote from: Bro. Noble on May 18, 2005, 05:12:27 PM
Paschale,

Good job on the digital. 

After milking this morning and cutting logs all day,  I feel pretty good.  It's time to go after the cows now and I'd rather take a nap.  I wish Furby was here to help me get the cows :)

I'm pretty sure at daylight tomorrow,  I'll feel worn and faded and usless again :D :D

I used to collect stuff,  but am kinda getting away from that now.  I like seeing Jeff accumulate stuff and enjoy it ;)

Don't get to feeling all useless again now.....

How big is your place there in Missouri? How much stuff did you collect over the years? how much would you like to see Jeff collect stuff? How much does a U-Haul cost from your place to UP? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Doc

Bro. Noble

Doc,

I've collected various old stuff over the years.  Seems like soon after i get interested in something,  then everyone else and his brother do too and the prices leave me behind :(

I've sold some old tractors and gas engines and old machinery.  Had an old car and truck and sold them.  Still got some old junk farm stuff.  I did send some home with the 'Big Guy',  but my attempt to send a cute little school bus ( it belongs to a neighbor) home with Tammy fell through :D :D

Furby

Paschale,
Sounds like we are going to have to hurry if we are going to beat Jeff out of that sign, as he now knows where it is. :-\

Paschale

Hmm...I wonder how you'd go about getting the sign.  I think there's a "For Lease" sign in the window, and I suppose the landlords wouldn't mind one bit if someone took that old sign from them.  It's just going to end up in the trash anyhow, don't you think?  Makes the wheels start a turning...

UNCLEBUCK

Paschale , tell the owner of the sign that you have been commissioned by the forestry forum to remove all products made from ash to help stop the spread of the emerald ash borer disease. That should work !  :D  Congratulations on your new digi cam ! 
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Furby

Can you keep a look out for me ???
Now where did I leave those gloves? ;D

Actually been trying to remember the building but I can't recall it. May have to drive out there and take a look.
Do you know what use to be in it..........I mean most recently?
That "for lease" # may just do it, as long as they don't have some sort of liability issue.

Teri

Hey Jeff... We got lotsa stuff. What kind do ya want??  :D :D

Thank You Sponsors!