iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

peterson millers and nail kontakt

Started by artenvielfalt, May 16, 2005, 04:19:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artenvielfalt

hi there, i got a oeterson and now often get in contakt with nails and other wires how do you cope with that.  do you charge your customers for that and if, how much.  how much do you pay for retipping and what are your contract details if you go out milling for someone.  please, if possible say it by m³ or by the hour because i´m not familiar with the cbf etc or give details for transfering that into german measurements. 
thanks and wait for news in the web.
ulf

Ga_Boy

Artenviefalt,

I use a metal detector to help avoid metal hits.  Should I hit metal, the customer pays, the going rate in my area is $25 USD for each hit.

For custom milling I charge by the hour.  If logs are deliverd to me for milling I charge 25 cents/board foot.  A board foot equals 144 cubic inches, which is equal to .002359 cubic meters.

I also run a Peterson and have not addressed what happens if I rip the teeth off.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

FeltzE

ulf,

I charge a nominal fee for damaged blades due to tramp metal when cutting customer lumber. I have a band mill where my band replacement cost is $20 US and I tell the customer prior to starting that damaged blades will cost them $20 each. Rarely do I charge the full $20 because many times the blade isn't damaged too badly.

Where in Germany are ya? I was stationed in Schweinfurt, spent a lot of time in Wurzburg and many other places love to come back and visit there some time.

Eric

Captain

I have a blade damage fee of between $25 and $75 depending on several factors;

Useful blade life remaining
Damage
Size of job
My carelessness in missing the metal in a scan

I've never charged over $25, but the higher price is in the contract if necessary.

CAPTAIN

sigidi

Ulf,
first of all a very big welcome to the Forum.

I run a Lucas, so it is very similar to what you run.

First thing I don't have a contract with clients but I make sure to explain any damage due to foreign objects/material in the timber, they will be charged what it costs me to get it repaired - no more no less. Everyone has been fine with that.

I don't have a metal detector either.

I haven't charged anyone for blade damage yet, as all my damage has been when cutting up timber for myself ::) >:(

Oh well you can't win 'em all!!

good luck with everything
Always willing to help - Allan

Thank You Sponsors!