iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Stihl 025 won't run

Started by outdoortype, May 15, 2005, 08:43:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoortype

Today I was cutting some red oak and my 025 started acting up.  I was bucking some logs in 12" range for about 1/2 hour.  All of the sudden it started revving high and then it cut off.  First I thought that it was out of gas because my saws using "rev up"right when they're about to run out of fuel.   But it had a little fuel.  I let it cool down, added some gas and brushed off the air filter.  Every time I went to give it gas it would bog down.  I bought the saw used and it shows some wear.  I'm wondering if it needs a fuel fiter?  Any info would be appreciated.

stihltech

Tune it up, plug and fuel filter. Check the pulse and fuel hoses while you are at it.

Bushwhacker

Also check the  screen in the muffler. If it's clogged  the saw won't rev.
Good Luck
KLH

ladylake

After the fuel line check the rubber boot between carb and cylinder, also could be the seals on the crank. If you had the saw pinched and were yanking on it hard I'd sucpect the rubber boot .   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

Thank You Sponsors!