iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

8 Penny Nails $10.00 Each

Started by DR Buck, May 15, 2005, 07:44:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DR Buck

I did a single tree job today Inside the DC beltway.  Man I hate to go inside the DC Beltway to saw.   :(     To hard to maneuver the mill around all the Jags and BMWs. ;D ;D  It's always crooked logs with limb stubs sticking out all over that I end up having to trim off.  And worse yet, the tree guys that work in that area taking down trees always cut them into short logs.  Usually just under the span of the WM hydraulic lift.

This was an urban maple tree that came from next to a 50 year old house.   When reviewing the contract about blade damage charges, guy says that there are no nails in these logs.  :D    I said well then you have nothing to worry about.  ;D    2 cuts into the first log with a new blade.    zzzzzinnngggg!   :o   Found three 8 p nails about 12 inches up from the bottom of the butt log.   Blade wiped out.....$25 charge.   Remove nails and put on new blade.  Rotate log.....take off slab......take one more cut   zzzzzinnngggg!  :o   Another two 8 p nails.    Blade wiped out...again.....$25 charge.   Remove nails and put on new blade.   Finished the next 5 logs without incident and all with 1 blade. ;D

Been there, done that.   Never got caught [/b]
Retired and not doing much anymore and still not getting caught

LeeB

you're proving my theory that a new blade is the best metal detector there is :D. LeeB
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Thank You Sponsors!