iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Into The Wild Blue Yonder

Started by EZ, May 14, 2005, 08:36:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EZ

Here is my new radio controlled toy (Colt) I've been putting together.  It is all ready to go now, I'm waiting on a nice calm day to try it out.

UNCLEBUCK

Hey EZ that is a great job building and covering ! I believe a Colt is manufactured by Sig isnt it ? Oops I said Sig , bad me !  :D  What you runnin for radios ?  I got futaba and a buddy box for my little nephew . That is a hot lookin plane and I really like it !
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

J_T

EZ those are nice my neighbor as some of them 8)
Jim Holloway

EZ

The servos are futaba, and the radio also. The covering is a new kind of rubber plactic that is molded around it. Cant hardly cut it with a knife, kinda crash proof, which I'm going to need. :D Never flown any planes before, this should be a trip and a half. ;D Looks like I going to get my chance this morning.
EZ

Fla._Deadheader

Careful there "Red Baron".  ;D ;D ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Stump Jumper

thats cool ez hope you have good test flight   ;)
Jeff
May God Bless.
WM LT 40 SuperHDD42 HP Kubota walk & ride, WM Edger, JD Skidsteer 250, Farmi winch, Bri-Mar Dump Box Trailer, Black Powder

Norm

That is way cool EZ, good luck with the maiden voyage. :)

old3dogg

Hey EZ. Here is a site that might be of interest to you.

www.richhook.com.

He likes to fly and he builds planes.

SwampDonkey

Cool EZ,

Good luck on the maiden voyage, I'll have my helmut on. ;D

cheers
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

redpowerd

cool!

put a tv camera in it and ill hire ya to scout my corn! :D
NO FARMERS -- NO FOOD
northern adirondak yankee farmer

UNCLEBUCK

EZ if I was you I would find a friend that has flown a plane that hot because that thing is going to burn up the sky and its a low wing and a semi-symetrical airfoil"round bottom" plus ailerons . I mean its going to scream . A Sig Kadet Trainer is a relaxing first time plane but if you have a pal that can help then all is well . I am only saying this because I crashed my first five years trying on my own with hot planes and finally built a Kadet and had fun and then went back to hot planes . Have a great flight today and if you was my neighbor I could plug in my buddy box to your box and have a really fun time . That is one smokin hot plane !

EZ

They lied to me. A couple of guys that fly, told me that when flying, the wind is your friend. ::) The wind is NOT my friend. :D I ended up in the lake, knows dive in the mulch pile and crash landed. ::) Pretty tuff plane, all the mishaps I had today I broke one prop. I think I'll wait for the wind to be gone the next time I fly. ;D
EZ

Corley5

Sounds like you had a good time 8) ;) :) :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

UNCLEBUCK

8) 8) :D :D Hey EZ you did have a good time !  The first time I did it I flew wide open into a john deere combine cab !  Next time you will be a old pro allready !  Thanks for the report , I been a worryin about ya !

Furby

EZ, pratice up with it and bring it to the piggy roast, maybe we can get some overhead shots. ;D
Any idea how much load that thing will carry?
I'll see if I can extend the range of my camera a bit. ;)

EZ

Furby. to many houses and trees and people around for the piggy roast. They say I can pull a 3 lb glider with it.
EZ

Furby

OVER the trees EZ, stay over the trees! :D
There's gotta be someplace to take off and land from! ;)

etat

I had me a plane one time pretty much before remote control. At least around here anyways, (early 70's) The controller was pretty much just a handle that you held and it had two strings that ran to one of the wings on the side of the plane that controlled the flaps.  To fly it you had to take the plane off, keep the slack out of the lines, and fly the plane around and around as you twisted around with it. I can't remember, seems like about 20 or 30 foot of string.  The plane wings, motor and everything was held together with rubber bands which all flew apart when you crashed.  I only ever a actually got it in the air flying in circles once, the rest of the times I'd crash on takeoff.  I always did believe I'd have done better if I'd have had some concrete like a driveway or something to take off.  I'd try to build my ramps out of whatever boards or plywood I could get my hands on and it just wasn't good enough, or maybe I wasn't. I must have crashed and patched that plane up hundreds of times. 

I did get real good at taking the motor apart and cleaning the dirt out of it and putting it back together.  EZ talking about his has actually got me WANTING one to PLAY WITH! :)

I forgot to mention, the one  i had you had to back the prop around a spring and turn loose of it with your finger while you had a battery with a wire hooked to the glow plug.  Do something wrong, or don't get yer finger out of the way, it'd dang near take yer finger off.  I can near about feel mine hurting right now just thinking about it!
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

EZ

cktate, I had 2 of them type when I was a young pup. The first one lasted about a minute and the second which was the red bearon, bi-plane. I flew that one for 2 yrs until I finally crash it a good one.
EZ

SwampDonkey

My older cousins where into model planes and rockets quite big. They used to make them in shop class at school. Don't even have such a thing as shop in school any more. Took all the fun outta school. :-\ ::)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Thank You Sponsors!