iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

shakey

Started by woodmills1, May 11, 2005, 10:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodmills1

cut my first oak off my own property that showed wind/ring shake, and boy did it.  Was kinda worried when the tree trided to barber chair.  Wasn't ready for that as I plunge cut into the notch like I have for 3 years now.  Didn't know why it tried to do the barber chair thing till I saw the butt on the ground and wow such ring shake I have only seen in hemlock.  It was so bad that I only got one piece over 8 inch and the shake left the inside of the tree looking like it lived on the outside all these years.

Funny thing I was looking to cut 2x8 for an order and then when I get in the house guy calls for 1.5 x 7.  The shake caused all the 2 by I cut to be thik and thin from twistin so much around the shake split but I bet tomorrow I can make some nice 1.5 by 7  who knew 8)
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

woodmills1

made the bad into good, all but one of them made nice 1.5 x 7 although I had to clamp them down to take the slight bow out to get good constant thickness.  The customer has a towing and repair shop and from looking at his equipment I just know he is fussy.
James Mills,Lovely wife,collect old tools,vacuuming fool,36 bdft/hr,oak paper cutter,ebonic yooper rapper nauga seller, Blue Ox? its not fast, 2 cat family, LT70,edger, 375 bd ft/hr, we like Bob,free heat,no oil 12 years,big splitter, baked stuffed lobster, still cuttin the logs dere IAM

Frank_Pender

It is always fun to make a silk purse out of a pigs ear. ;D
Frank Pender

Thank You Sponsors!