iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I TOLD Y'ALL

Started by dail_h, May 08, 2005, 10:27:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dail_h

I'm gonna be rich!!!! Yessssireee! done an figured it out. I spent last week sawing pallet 2x4s for the mulch mill 8) 8). Y'all remember,they was gonna keep the mill fed,lumber moved,and furnish a mexican to offbear. Well,it didn't work out quite like we negosiated 'things got goimg,and they only ever brought me  'bout 10 logs,finaly went an got the loader an got'em myownself,I showed him.If they need the 2xs,they come and get them, otherwise,I have to move them at the end of the day so I can clean up.
   As for the mexican to offbear,I'm on my third one.None of the three can get the concept of the edger. It's always jammed,blades smoking ,cutting chair rockers, ect. now I ain't never had one minutes trouble wif that thing,but it shore is beyond them. The one I got now,the best of the bunch will work ok,but wverything is like the first time to him. Y'all know,some things you do over andover the same way every time,but I swear this kid just don't get it. bShoot,I've shot bird dogs that'uz smarter than these guys.
    Now don't get the idear that I aint satisfied,or am whining ,or anything,I did good on  production,and the pay was right on,and the customer was well pleased,I made some money,and didn't have to work those crazy hours that I work at GP. Ain't figured out how we gonna manage when I go back to work,maybe I'll be rich by then :D
   Now,I got to get up wif 'ol CK,an see if'n he can help me figure out how to invest all this money :D
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

DanG

Dail, Charles is a busy man.  Ya don't want to be pesterin' him with all that investment stuff.  He just ain't got time ta mess with ya.  I, on the other hand, am retired.  You bein' an old ForestryForum buddy and all that, I'd be more'n glad to help ya out with all your investment needs, just ta help ya out, you understand. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

customsawyer

Yup most of us on here have got a sawmill operation going on that we would let someone invest in.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

etat

Yeah, but that ain't the point!  Dail is obviously looking for an investiment capitol GENUS such as myself!!!!!!!!!!! ;D

I'm working on ideas as we speak!!!!!!!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

asy

May I please help ya CK?

I reckon we could come up with some idea to assist poor Dail with his financial dilemma...   :o ;D :o

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

tnlogger

wal dail seeing as you has DanG,ck,and asy alongs with customsawyer  I'll justs sit here and watch the fun.  :D

But if'n it dont work out I's in the process of starting a dhydrated pigs feet and pig ear operation gots it figgered out just needs some seed money. ;D
gene

DanG

Now that sounds like a money maker fer sure, tnlogger. 8) 8)  How much is a pound of pig seeds, anyhow, just in case a asstoot investor would like to buy in? ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

tnlogger

Dan i was thinking in line with ck on this hands on.  :D hows many of dem hogs can ya keep in ya place  ;D
Now i have heard that mississippi mud and hogs go togather so i juct might take um to ck's  :P
gene

Teri

I want in too! Pretty Please???  :D :D

tnlogger

teri  your more then welcome thats what we need in this venture class and common sence.  ;)  now if ya dad will lets us puts some of dem hogs up at the canp with  homey ta watch um  ???  :D :D :D
gene

Teri

You want me to ask him when he calls tonight?? He's up there right now for a day or two. Thats why I'm on here right now!!  8) 8)

tnlogger

ya might want  :D cause you dont want to be near him when ya ask. ;D
gene

Teri

:D :D :D :D :D

I'll see if I can remember to ask.

asy

Hmmm...

CK...

Dried Piggie Ears...  Sounds a plan...

We can raise 'em in that Mississipi mud you got so much of!

I propose a product name of:   Missi-Piggy's ears.

Now, do ya have to kill the pig to take it's ears, or if we cut off one lot, will a second lot grow in their place???

I already have an idea for a logo...

What do you think?

tnlogger

asy sounds like a plan  :D i was thinking we could puts the rest of the piggys inta bbq seeing as the ears and feet are the good part.
and everyone know that BBQ an't now good fer notting. >:(
gene

Teri

Just talked to dad on the phone. Fergot to ask him about them pigs, he said all the food joints were closed up there as they are building condos on the property. I'll bet he could use some of them piggy parts now. :D :D

tnlogger

:D :D :D :D or he might just have some lizard tail soup  ;D
gene

maple flats

Ifin ya need a place to invest look no furder. Just send me the excess and I will handle every thing. I'll let you know when you need to send more.
No thank you's needed, just wantin ta help ya out. 8) 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

maple flats

I forgot to mention a couple of points.  SEnding the investment capipol to me will result in deversification, some in a sawmill, some in a blueberry operation and some in a maple syrup operation. That way you can lose on three fronts at the same time but most likely at different rates. just think of the satisfaction you will get to see how to lose money on three things at the same time. ;D :D ;D :o
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

asy

Quote from: maple flats on May 11, 2005, 06:59:45 PM
I forgot to mention a couple of points.  SEnding the investment capipol to me will result in deversification, some in a sawmill, some in a blueberry operation and some in a maple syrup operation. That way you can lose on three fronts at the same time but most likely at different rates. just think of the satisfaction you will get to see how to lose money on three things at the same time. ;D :D ;D :o

JEFF!!!

Sounds like another competition on the way!!!

"Which of Maple's 'enterprises' will lose money at the fastest rate?"

I wonder what the prize can be!

maple flats

Everyone send $100 (US) to me and I will keep a detailed record. Will invest an equal amount in each and will file reports periodically (when I get the time) We can all find out which loses at the fastest rate. When all of the money is all gone I will file a final report and can then set up a second test to find out if the results are the same. Worst 2 out of 3 should be good enough to publish the test results on the FF for everyone to compare.  8) 8)

dail_h

I think y'all missin the point altogether.I'M GONNA BE RICH. Why this thing's gonna be lots bigger than any ouny little ole mud project,and certainly too uptown for pig parts,'n such like.
    But I'll have to say that most of the right people seem to want to get involved. Shoot,we all might get rich,ya reckon?
      Volume Discount At ER

etat

Well Dail, as the top two surviving members of a  investment corporation with millions of members on multiple  continents I think it's fair to say that we both know a bit more than we're letting on about 'making' and 'losing' money. And the perils and pressures that can befall one throughout the way.

Even thought he losing part weren't our fault we shall henceforth use the knowledge gained to weed through these proposals until we find exactly where ya need to invest all that money.  While investing on several different fonts may be ok, a perceived notion that even one of these fonts 'might' not make money makes such investment impractical.  That said, it is the risky, and imaginative ventures that stands to gain the most money. 

I am both watching for someone to come up with 'exactly' the right idea, and working on it myself at the same time.  Once we figure on exactly the right venture I'd be honored for you to send all your money to me to invest for you! :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

dail_h

Well thank you there CK,like I said,I'M GONNA BE RICH,and will surely need someone to help wif the investing,as I'll have my hands full makin the stuff. I don't know why soomeone ain't figured it out already. Shoot,alls ya gots to do is git yourself a small manual mill,nothing fancy,if its too fancy the customer will figure out how rich ya gittin,an mess up the deal. Like I said,git yourself a mill,find some ole boy makin pallets under a shade tree,let him talk you down a little on the price,he won't know you gonna make your money on the volume. Whine a little,and git him to promise to keep you in logs,all the time you know he ain't,but it makes him feel like he's contributing to the deal. A mexican to help offbear is good,course he won't be available but 2&1/2days a week,and when he's there,he won't be worth a durn.
   Y'll jest don't know how fast the money rollsin. Why shoot,I might have to get ole Dang to come outta retirement to hep CK. He did volenteer first,but I thought shoot,he's done done all that work,I hate to bother him wif something this involved.
                          I'M GONNA BE RICH
      Volume Discount At ER

Thank You Sponsors!