iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Who is up for a Forestry Forum Booth at SAWLEX??

Started by Captain, May 05, 2005, 10:24:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

customsawyer

I was thinking about going up to this show was wondering if any other grit eatters were going to go to this shoot out.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Fla._Deadheader

Where's Rentz Ga.??? What's it located near??  I may hafta attend this shindig. Probably be knee-deep in Espanol by the time the Piggy Roast rolls around.  ;) ;D ;D

Any Fla. boys thinkin bout goin to Ho Hi Ho ??
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

DanG

I don't know if I can get away, but I'd love to go.  I'd have to car-pool with someone, though. ::)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Fla._Deadheader

Definitely no problem with the Dordge Bros. Truck.  ;) ;D ;D  Seats 5  8)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

neslrite

WOW! To meet FDH and DanG in Ohio, now that would be quite the treat 8)

I might have to talk Tammy into making more brownies ;D

Kevin
rule#1 nobody ever puts just one nail in a tree  LogRite Tools  www.logrite.com

Pete J

The FLA boys are coming? DanG, now where did I put that calendar? Looks like I'll have to make some arrangements. I can picture it now! Except the grits part!

oakiemac

Furby, Paschel, Hawby, anyother southern michigander going to go just for Friday? If so I would like to care pool. I have to be back saturday morning but I plan on spending all day Friday at the show.
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

Furby

Sorry Oakie, if I were to make it, it would be for Sat.
Still way too early to know.

maple flats

When I mentioned Sawlex to my wife she said "sounds good, where will we stay". Sounds like I'm 1 step closer to going. Will put in tomorrow for that Friday off. If I get it I would leave mid morning and it looks like 7-8 hrs drive counting rest/dinner. I would then be there Sat. Does anyone know what other  attractions are in the general vacinity of Youngstown? A small list with very brief comment on any would be great. I would take Joan to something in addition to Sawlex. She only has interest to the extent that she likes to know what I like.
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

dewwood

I was told the show site is next door to a large shopping complex if the wife is so inclined.
Selling hardwood lumber, doing some sawing and drying, growing the next generation of trees and enjoying the kids and grandkids.

maple flats

Thanks, but she is not the type to spend hours shopping, thank goodness. Looking more for tourist attractions to go along with the trip. When I studied the seminar schedules I see that I would most like to go to seminar 101 (maximizing profits) which is 11:15 Friday. Guess I'm looking for 2 days off so I can attend that one and would need to register 2 because Joan would not want to sight see while I went to learn for 90 minutes. 8)
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

hawby

Sorry Oakie.... the wife and I have a babysitter planned  8) and we're going for the WHOLE weekend  ;D Hopin' to find something to spend monry on while I am there too  8)
Hawby

Missin' loggin', but luvin' the steady check...

Furby

If ya need help spending them $$$ Hawby............just say so!  ;D

Paschale

Not sure if I'm gonna make it, Oakie, though I'm still thinking about it.  I know I could only get away for one day or so.  I'm still seeing if I can make it work.
Y'all can pronounce it "puh-SKOLLY"

Ga_Boy

DanG, Harold and CustomSawyer,

I'm a go'n and look forward to meeting y'all other southern boyz.

For me it look like a 6 hour dirve, I ain't sure if I will get up real early Friday morning or leave Thursday afternoon.  Depends on what I can find for a place to stay.

Anybody from Southern Maryland want to drive up with me?  It would be nice to have some riden shotgun when we get North of the Masson-Dixon. 

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

OneWithWood

Nice piece of real estate there Captain.  good job 8)

I hope to see many forum members there, especially those that won't make it to the piggy roast.   
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

Mrs._Stump_Jumper

The Stump Jumpers will be staying at the Chestnut Ridge Campground reservations are already made and we will be there both days. 8) 8)
Delcy - Morley, MI
'07 F350 Dually, Diesel, Flatbed
3 Lovely Children Jonathon, Monica, and (Jeff)
2 Brittany Spaniels:  Buddy and Pumpkin Pie

maple flats

Put in for the time off at work. Sending in my registration tonight or tomorrow (fax). Going both days, attending seminar 101 and if I can get my wife to go alone 102 for her. See you all at the shootout. GO PETERSON, GO PETERSON RA RA RA!!! 8) 8)

WV_hillbilly

I can  taste the brownies already .  I will  be there both days also . How about you EZ ? 
Hillbilly

TN_man

I faxed my registration in yesterday. I already am scheduled for that week off. My wife is not looking forward to having to do all the farm chores but she is glad that I get to go and have some fun. I, too, plan on attending several of the seminars. See ya'll there. 8)
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

Captain

Well it is official, we have contributions from the following sponsors to make your Forestry Forum gathering place come true.... :)

Timberking
Peterson Sawmills
WoodMizer
Baker Products
LogRite Tools
D&L Double Cut Sawmills
Bailey's

ALSO
Kirk Allen is bringing some tables and chairs used in his "real" business.
Jeff is working on some banners to put on the canopy.
Everybody's favorite brownies will be there...

What else do we need??

Captain

Tom

maple flats

looks like I will be there solo, my wife can't get the time off.I will fax in my reservation for tickets and seminars tonight or tomorrow. For hotels I see that Comfort inn, Warren is rather cheap and says it is 6 miles away. Does anyone know whether this is ok or should I try a different one. I will be in a room alone unless one of you want to share expenses. Please let me know, I will make those reservations in a day or two.

Jeff

oops!  WIsh I would have know about da tables. Had to get in by da show deadline. Kirk, we will have 3 tables there and a dozen chairs provided by the show, so you wont have to haul any. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

gmmills

maple flats ,

Comfort Inn, Warren is right on court house square in downtown Warren. Not sure about the rooms haven't been in one of them in 17 yrs. Sorry not much help there. It is not hard to get to the Expo Center from Downtown Warren.

I am planning on being there for both days. Really looking forward to it. It's the first show that I haven't had to drive for a few hours to attend. 8) 8) 8)

Jeff B and Captain , Let me know if you need help setting up when you all get in town. I live only 10 mins from the Expo Center.  8) 8) 8)
Custom sawing full-time since 2000. 
WM LT70D62 Remote with Accuset
Sawing since 1995

Thank You Sponsors!