iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

PICS of fixin up ol' Clinton

Started by Buzz-sawyer, May 05, 2005, 06:02:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Buzz-sawyer

I collected this from an auction several years ago and tore it down today.........cleaned the points and fuel sytem..............
here he is

heres the old plow.wonder when the last time it was in the ground????

A little carbon when I pulled the head...seen worse!

After clean up.........

My big concern was,"ARE the coil and point servicable?" Well they were EXCELLENT!!

WELL got it RUNNING and plowing today!!
Looks like original engine color was COLEMAN green Handles look ALLIS orange.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Patty

Wow! That is pretty cool, Buzz.  8)
Women are Angels.
And when someone breaks our wings....
We simply continue to fly ........
on a broomstick.....
We are flexible like that.

Buzz-sawyer

It has a ratio reducer so that ol boy bites in and pulls like ya wouldnt believe....for a little engine 8) 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Tom

Buzz-sawyer

I use thebig tractor to plow and disk (int H).............Got in 80 tomatoes, 200 corn, 200 broccoli,cabage,carrots ,beans,snap peas,cucumbers, squash,..............and more :D :D :D
I mainly fixed cause I like to make old junk run like new.....Some time I will post pics of my collection :)
I am gonna plow a few rows tommorow with ol BILL ;)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Tom

You'd have been a couple of days plowing up a garden like that with the clinton.  I have a hard time thinking of engines like that as old.  Just seems like yesterday........ :D    In googling it, I found that the Sea King, an outboard popular when I was young, was made by clinton.  It was sold in the Western Auto stores.  We had one in Ft. Pierce. :D

tnlogger

Tom I remember them old seakings had one on a 71/2 hydro when i was just a kid replaced it with a lightning 10 hp for the speed  ;D. oh to be back in them days  :)
gene

Fla._Deadheader

Dat looks like one a dem "Planet Juniors". ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

leweee

Quote from: Buzz-sawyer on May 05, 2005, 06:02:28 PM
I collected this from an auction several years ago and tore it down today.........cleaned the points and fuel sytem..............
here he is

heres the old plow.wonder when the last time it was in the ground????

A little carbon when I pulled the head...seen worse!
After clean up.........

My big concern was,"ARE the coil and point servicable?" Well they were EXCELLENT!!

WELL got it RUNNING and plowing today!!

They just don't makem like dat no more :'( ::) ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Tom

Those little hydros were fast.  I had a friend who raced one and I always wanted one myself.   Charlie and I had a sailboat instead.  It was an 8 foot "Dart".  I'm beginning to get the sailing fever just thinking of it.    Wind in your hair.....   salt water spray in your face.  Nothing straight cause yer hiked up on the side of the boat   ....ah yeah!  :D

Oops!!  Sorry Buzz.    smiley_tom_dizzy01

tnlogger

Buzz you've gots a much junk ( I mean collectables) as i have  :D it's great to see an old machine run after it's put out to pasture.
gene

Buzz-sawyer

"Buzz you've gots a much junk ( I mean collectables) as i have"
You have NO Idea :D :D :D :D :D[/b

I never met an OLD mechainical device I didnt like 8) 8)
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Buzz-sawyer

HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Fla._Deadheader

Dat a "Johnrude" or an "Elto" ???
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

jerry-m

Hey Buzz,

Thanks for sharing the old walking tractor... I had an old Gravely walking tractor once... Had wanted one for a long time... Finaly found one brought it home cleaned it up and it ran like a top...  Made the mistake of bragging about it to all my friends :'( :'( :'(  Ones older friend wanted it more than I did,  So I sold it :'(

Side Note: I just made a deal for an 1940's Farmall A,  getting all the attachment except for the mower. Can you say stole it 8)
Hope to pick it up tomorrow...  Will try my hand again to post a picture of it...

Jerry
Jerry

Ernie

When I read the header for this thread, I thought that Hillary was looking for suggestions for getting Bill "Fixed"
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Furby

Buzz-sawyer

Harold not sure what any of it is. :D :D :D..the outboards are sea kings.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

UNCLEBUCK

I got something like that called a david bradley , I use a big hammer drill to start it and boy can those little machines pull .  How did you shine up the head so good ?  
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

Tom

It's the bottom one that I remember.   The top one that is "square" looks like those sold by "Monkey Ward".

Buzz-sawyer

I have a outboard called a WIZARD, it is similair to the top one........and about 10 hp.
Buck, I use a angle grinder with a 6 inch brush on it, I raise the valves and clean under them and the seats too.
When I got the tractor no one bid so I think I offered 50 cents for it........SOLD.
The motor turned but seemed like it had no compression. I  stored it out in the shed with other treasures for 10 years or so.
Well it not only has compression, but doesnt even smoke!!!!It idles and runs well.
    HEAR THAT BLADE SING!

Ernie

I knew I had a picture somewhere to go with my post yesterday

I hope this is OK Jeff  ;)
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

Doc

I love old machines!

What else you hidin up there Buzz?

You guys are giving me auction fever! I need a good fix of fixing machines.

Doc

Furby

:D :D :D :D :D :D
Ernie,
I REALLY wish I could post the caption for that pic that I have in my head, but I don't figure Jeff needs the work!  ;D

That was one DanG good deal there Buzz, I might have given 75cents if I was there though. :D

Corley5

8) tractor 8)  A little cleaning can go a long way :)
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

Thank You Sponsors!