iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I'm Back!!

Started by Corley5, June 23, 2002, 09:53:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corley5

We pulled back in the yard tonight at 9pm after putting on 3,200 miles since 6pm Wed night.  We went all the way to Medicine Hat Alberta Canada for a GTB Minneapolis Moline tractor.  What a trip!!  Now I know why Montana is Big Sky Country.  Nothing but rolling wheat fields and range land for what seems an infinity and very, very, very few trees :o.  Glad to be back here in the land of trees.  A logger/sawyer gets pretty nervous with no trees around and those cottonwoods in the river bottoms didn't look real good ;D  Now to wade through all these posts since I've been gone.  You guys are prolific 8) 8)  
Burnt Gunpowder is the Smell Of Freedom

CHARLIE

I'm glad you had a safe trip and hope the tractor was in good enough shape to make the trip worthwhile. If you're into some boring driving.....try driving across South Dakota (No trees to speak of...just grass prairie) or try Nebraska........... ??? ???
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

DanG

Glad you're home, safe and sound, and glad I am too. I just got back at 10PM from visiting a nest of Grandbabies I have stashed in Savannah, Ga. Had a great time with some serious knee-bouncin', and passed out more than a few quarters. Weather was rainy and nasty, and it didn't bother me a bit. :)
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Paul_H

Sounds like a good trip.Hope to see some pictures of the Minnie Mo.There is one about 2 hours from here.It looks like a later model from, the 1960s?It has been sitting in the same spot for at least 15 years.

DanG,I'm glad you had time with the Grandkids.I remember my Grampa always had change in his pocket for us kids 8)Never had a harsh word for us.Gone 25 years,but I remember him like yesterday.Fondly.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

RavioliKid

I'm glad you guys made it home without incident, Corley and DanG. :) :)

I'm leaving on my summer's journey on Sunday.  8)

Wish me luck!
RavioliKid

Ron Scott

Montana has located all its trees in the northwest part. Visit Columbia Falls, Whitefish etc. on the Flathead National Forest or Glacier Park. Grizzly Bear country.
~Ron

DanG

Thanks, RK.  And where is this summer journey taking you?
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Kevin

Rant,

Main Entry: pro·lif·ic

Pronunciation: pr&-'li-fik
                 Function: adjective
                 Etymology: French prolifique, from Latin proles
                 Date: 1650
                 1 : producing young or fruit especially freely : FRUITFUL
                 2 archaic : causing abundant growth, generation, or reproduction
                 3 : marked by abundant inventiveness or productivity <a prolific
                 composer>

L. Wakefield

Best of luck on your trip, Kim! And I- for one- certainly hope you get to do the driving this time!    ;)   lw
L. Wakefield, owner and operator of the beastly truck Heretik, that refuses to stay between the lines when parking

RavioliKid

Yes, I do get to do the driving - I'm going by myself!  :D

First stop in Mt. Pleasant to go to a three-day Geography and Technology workshop at Central Michigan University.

Then, Buffalo to bond with my sister and the neices for about a week.

Then, NYC for about 10 days. I'm attending a week-long Aesthetic Education workshop at Lincoln Center.

Then, I'm attending a weeklong teacher residency at Frank Lloyd Wright's Fallingwater near Pittsburg (sorta) in Pennsylvania.

Then, a week in Muskegeon, MI for a weeklong workshop that combines Drama with Philanthropy. I'm on the staff for that one. I am going to help participants write lesson plans after the instruction in drama.

After that, I get to go home for a week and work on developing curriculum for my school. (the arts)

Then, I am going to Chicago for a few days...

Then, school starts again.

So, that's my summer.  :o
RavioliKid

Tom

Well, in your spare time..........

You oughta stop by the woodmizer place and say howdy or look for the Forestry Forum Hats on the road and honk.   There will be a bunch of us up that way trying to visit with one another and it looks like you will be flittering around hard to catch.  At least wave as you go by.

CHARLIE

Rav, you're going to have to bale your lawn by the time you get back. Holeeeeee Scmoleeeeee! You is gonna be on the road a lot. Have fun and don't worry about the lawn! Don't forget and leave the fridge door open or the iron on when you leave either...... ;) ;D
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

Jeff

Rav, what days are you going to be in Mt P?  We grocery shop there. Not to far for Tammy and I to come over and treat you out for dinner if its a day we are going to not be traveling :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

CHARLIE

Hey Jeff! Send me about $50 and I'll let you treat me to dinner too. 8) 8)  I'll even write and let you know where I went and what you bought me. ;D
Charlie

Jeff

Charlie, you gotta come to Madison Wi. in September to logging congress. But you aint getting no 50 dollar feed.

RavioliKid

Jeff,

It would be great to meet you and Tammy!

I arrive there on Sunday, June 30 and leave Wednesday July 3.

What does your schedule look like?

Kim

RavioliKid

Jeff

Sunday I will be hauling home the wood mizer sawmill I AM going to win Saturday night ;D, but any of those other evenings or late afternoon would be fine.
I will send you a note with our phone number.  

Don P

Rav,
If they're working on the slab over the falls still I'd love to see some pics...ask if they're ignoring the architect this time and using rebar :D. We and the folks went to Taliesin and Monona Terrace last year.

Frank_Pender

Wow!  Kim and Jeff. you folks acan celebrate my birthday on Sunday  I will be 58.   ;) That way you could celebrate before me, if you got to the table about two hours before it is the 30th here. 8)  Hope all you folks are safe on the road with other driving around the country.

Rav, I sure recall my very early years of teaching and spending Summers, in workshops and my Masters program.   I sure do not envy you, other than the teaching workshop and all.  
Frank Pender

RavioliKid

Don,

I visited Fallingwater last summer, and at that time, I think they were talking about reinforcing the place with chains? They were going to take up the flagstone floor and number all the pieces so they could put everything back where it belongs after they did the repairs last winter.

I can't wait to see what they did - and you can be sure that I'll pass along what I learn! ;D

Frank,

How long do these "early years of teaching" last? I've been at it for 22 years now! I'm a junior old fart, my moniker, "RavioliKid" notwithstanding!

I am really looking forward to all these opportunities - I just wish I could take a vacation after I get back, instead of starting back at the job.
 ???
RavioliKid

RavioliKid

And a big ol' HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you on Sunday!
 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
RavioliKid

Jeff

Tammy, Stacy, Stacy's friend Mandy and I all met up with the Ravioli Kid at the Golden Corral on Tuesday night. It was great to finally meet after 2 years of friendship on various forestry boards!

We caught her between workshops and the day before she left for Buffalo.

Gordon

Jeff that's great to hear, maybe someday it will be the Mrs, a few kids and myself meeting you and the family at the golden corral. Ya never know who is going to stop into that MI place. :o

Hope everyone had a great 4th
Gordon

Thank You Sponsors!