iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Know your woods?

Started by Texas Ranger, April 30, 2005, 04:41:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I found this site and thought that it would benefit those of us who look at the woods all day, but seldom look at the wood itself.  The 600 dpi options allows you to see the grain and pores.

http://www.lib.ncsu.edu/archives/forestry/hough/

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ianab

Thanks for that link  :)

More types of wood there than I've ever seen before  :D

Interesting that most of the wood I cut here in NZ is shown there too, it's either American or Australian species for the most part.. even if it was hidden down in the 'unusual species' pages.

Cheers

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Gilman

Thanks, putting that one in my favorites!
WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Tom

Thank you, Don!

I love that kind of stuff and that site is a good one.  smiley_big_grin3

Ernie

Thanks, Great link, it'll keep me going for days.  Oh for a faster connection at 33.6K it takes forever.
A very wise man once told me . Grand children are great, we should have had them first

WDH

TR,

The link in your first post does not work anymore.  If you can figure out how to get back to that wood, let me know.  I would like to see it.
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

sawhead

I was curious also  ??? so with a little detectiving and googling  :P here is the new link to the index page , from there you can access each volume.wood collection  ;D
The journey of a thousand miles begins
with a broken fan belt and a leaky tire

WDH

Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Thank You Sponsors!