iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

getting to know other peterson millers on the web

Started by artenvielfalt, April 29, 2005, 04:44:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artenvielfalt

hi there just got new into the forum and try out the web for world contact.
i have a 10" peterson WPF and had quite some experiances with it already.  last big thing i was cutting was 1,8m diameter ( i guess about 6 foot) oak out on a field in the snow.  real big job, got some real good timber out for my carpentry business. 
by the way i´m from germany and also try to sell the mill here, so help and information, why you bought a peterson would bring me forward in distributing the mill here.  i know why i bought it here but why did you and what experiances do you have with it what are your good experiences and your bad ones?

Ron Wenrich

Welcome to the Forum.  I don't run a Peterson, but there are several members that do.  I run a big circular mill.

But, I have been to your website, and I must admit that you do some pretty nice work.  I'm sure there are others that will enjoy your craftmanship.

http://art-en-vielfalt.de/art_moebel.html
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Timburr

Hi artenvielfalt
Welcome to the forum. I drive a Lucas myself and can't comment on Peterson specifics. Because the principals are the same, I will be avidly reading as this thread develops. My speciality is big trees... very big trees in fact.... small mods to factory spec.
Artenvielfalt.... does that mean bio-diversity in english? ???
Are you an official agent for Peterson in Germany?

Tim
Sense is not common

oakiemac

Welcome Arten,

I liked the pictures in your site. Looks like you do excellent work. Had a hard time reading the words though-maybe I need new glasses. ;D
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

tnlogger

as ron said welcome to the forum  pull up a stump and enjoy your self
gene

Ianab

Hi Arten

I run an older model Peterson (chainsaw powered) to saw up various trees I come across.
I like the portability / versatility of the machine. Being able to drag it into rough farmland to recover big logs that aren't practical to get any other way. I dont usually have access to heavy machinery, so being able to saw big logs where they lay is good. The versatility ( big and small logs), durability and simplicity of operation are plusses to. I'm in NZ and so the mills were designed with my situation in mind, lots of big softwood logs in hard to reach places.

Like your furniture too  :)

Ian
Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Ga_Boy

Artenvielfalt,

Howdy and welcome.  Glad to have you here.

For now I can not comment much on a Peterson as my 10" WPF was delivered today and is still in the crate.

I hope to be sharing very soon my experiences.

Again welcome.

Mark
10 Acers in the Blue Ridge Mountains

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum very nice pic. I run a band mill but wanted to welcome you anyway. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

artenvielfalt

hello and nice to welcome me to the forum.
one answer yeah i´m the official agent for germany but most of all a  miller and a carpenter.  well my website will be redone soon, and you can see more of the work
well so far so good, we will head off tomorow to demonstrate the peterson at the ligna show in germany and my head is spinning getting everything ready. 
see you in two weeks.
ulf

maple flats

Welcome to the Forestry Forum Arten..., swing blading is just plain cool. I bought mine for the ability to cut large logs and not need to turn them, both diameter and long standard. Also like being able to quartersaw when desired. Like being able to do a finished board with every round trip after getting into the log and I think you can get more with less waste more easily with this type of sawing. These are all reasons I bought mine. How about you other swingers?    8) 8)
Maple Flats
logging small time for years but just learning how,  2012 36 HP Mahindra tractor, 3point log arch, 8000# class excavator, lifts 2500# and sets logs on mill precisely where needed, Woodland Mills HM130Max , maple syrup a hobby that consumes my time. looking to learn blacksmithing.

Thank You Sponsors!