iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Wood burning truck!

Started by ellmoe, April 28, 2005, 08:18:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Some of the boys (on another thread) were going to Maine to hunt moose. One of the food items mentioned was horseradish cheese. Now I just gotta poke some fun in here, and was wondering if you might send them some of the moose cheese they make in Sweden?

Most everyone already thinks I'm nuts around here, but just another one of them moments.

Something Mighty Cheesy   ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

jpgreen

I want to try some muuse cheese.

Swamp Donkey-

Did Clint Eastwood really say that? ... ;D
-95 Wood-Mizer LT40HD 27 Hp Kawasaki water cooled engine-

pineywoods

Quote from: jpgreen on September 23, 2009, 11:06:24 AM

. I've been wanting to build gassers for about 10 years, and finally built a decent shop, and put together a machine shop this year, so hopefully next spring I will start building a unit.

Paul and I both want to build a stationary gasser to power a small engine to drive an auto (Delco) alternator for a backup DC generator. I use the DC to charge my solar system.

DanG JPgreen, we think alike. I'm eyeing the 18 hp briggs I pulled off the woodmizer, got a pile of old propane tanks and hot water heaters. What I'm thinkin about would be a little different.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

jpgreen

It's our natural engineering minds Piney.

Now had we any sense we would be millionairs by now ... :D

SwampDonkey

Quote from: jpgreen on September 23, 2009, 06:34:49 PM
Swamp Donkey-

Did Clint Eastwood really say that? ... ;D

Yes, in his movie "The Enforcer" with Tyne Daly.  ;D

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Paul_H

Quote from: gengaswerner on September 22, 2009, 04:25:45 PM
Hi every one!
Paul!
Hav`nt seen you at woodgasbuilder in a while now! I hope everything is good with you and  all!

Werner,

I hadn't heard from you for awhile either and thought maybe you got thrown in jail or something  :D
Have you heard from Johan?There is nothing new on his website.

Everything is okay here and I've driven the woodgas truck around town a few times but had to park it for awhile when the weather was really hot because I didn't want to risk having the woodgas generator "sneeze" and throw some sparks.
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

jpgreen

Woodgas sneeze? That's a scary thought for around here Paul.  Never knew they could get a cold. Don't they make a handkerchief for that? ... :D :o

Paul_H

It doesn't happen too often Pat but the gasifier will have a minor backfire or explosion that is released through the springloaded lid.It blows a bit of smoke but it's really no big thing.

When I leave here through the reserve,there is a steep hill that leaves the valley floor and it's a slow pull for the truck.For some reason,the truck would sneeze just at the crest of the hill and on a couple occasions there were tailgaters following but after the sneeze,they back way off  :D

beenthere

Paul
Maybe you could vent that out through a whistle, so when she blows it will sound like an old steam train comin through.  ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

jpgreen

John Mc

Quote from: jpgreen on September 23, 2009, 11:06:24 AM
Paul and I both want to build a stationary gasser to power a small engine to drive an auto (Delco) alternator for a backup DC generator. I use the DC to charge my solar system.

If you are interested in a DC generator, I've got a line on a bunch of used 5KW high-end DC generators (can do 12, 24 or 48 vdc, maybe other voltages?). They are set up to run on propane - I assume these could also burn wood gas. My brother-in-law picked up a bunch of them, surplus from a phone company merger. Can get them custom programmed for off-grid battery charging, or other applications. If you are interested, let me know and I'll dig up more info.

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

jpgreen

Interesting.

Pics, more info?

John Mc

JPGreen -

Here's a link to the website with info on the Generators: http://www.sagecliff.com/generators/

Site has a basic description (pulled from a product brochure), links to manuals, & etc. At the bottom of the page is the contact info for my brother-in-law, who has a bunch of them. He is negotiating to sell a good bit of them to a telephone cooperative, but is willing to split them up.

Engines are Briggs & Stratton Vanguard. He also is working with one of the engineers who was on the team who designed them, who will recondition and reprogram them for various applications.

My B-I-L is also interested in somewhat interested in woodgas, so he'd probably enjoy a conversation with you about what you're up to with that, and how his generators might work on woodgas.

Tell him I said "hi"

John Mc
If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.   - Abraham Maslow

Alan Stephen

what happen to all wood gas People

SwampDonkey

Ran out of puff and steam. :D

Alan Stephen

well it good reading while it lasted

SwampDonkey

Actually, Paul is quite busy with his new business I suspect. Probably at times wishes he was driving the wood gas FORD instead. ;)

Paul_H

You're right SD,we've had no time for the truck this year.It's at a friends place in Pemberton until another friend can bring it over on his trailer.
Ron has been active still with his truck.

SwampDonkey

Paul, I was meaning to ask you if they did much brushing over there in your new neighborhood? There is a fellow from back east here with a tree planting forum and it seems they are talking mostly BC tree planting, not much about brushing besides what I tell'm.

Paul_H

There was a couple of crews that went through a few months ago and they hired quite a few locals but I don't know much other than they are running FS250 saws or the equivilent

SwampDonkey

Seems like light cutting, eh? How much cc are those? 25 or 30? We must have cut 1500 acres this year, I cut over 100 myself.

Paul_H

SwampDonkey

Well, that's not too bad in small softwood.

Ron57

Hi forum it has been a while since I have posted on here and have made a few changes to my woodburning truck so far I have logged 2800 miles burning wood.

SwampDonkey

How far do you venture from home base in it?

Thank You Sponsors!