iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hot dogs

Started by moosehunter, April 28, 2005, 03:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moosehunter

I just picked up at the butcher 130 lbs of venison (deer) hot dogs. We did the same last year with Moose. I can't stand to eat a store bought hot dog sense we started making these. Food from the land. Love it.
MH
"And the days that I keep my gratitude
Higher than my expectations
Well, I have really good days".    Ray Wylie Hubbard

Frickman

Good for you Moosehunter. Myself, I don't eat hot dogs, period. I don't like to eat something that I don't know where it came from, and most hotdogs you don't want to know where they came from. Your venison dogs sound pretty good though.  ;)
If you're not broke down once in a while, you're not working hard enough

I'm not a hillbilly. I'm an "Appalachian American"

Retired  Conventional hand-felling logging operation with cable skidder and forwarder, Frick 01 handset sawmill

Pretend farmer when I have the time

tnlogger

ya got a recipe for um  that sounds good .
gene

SwampDonkey

Come on now guys. I like a good old Shneider's  'smokie' hot dog. Fry'm up with lots'a onions and put in a toasted hot dog bun topped with ketchup, fried onions and mustard. mmm mmm nothing better :)

You guys just haven't had a good hotdog, shame.  ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

etat

Well, I've eat lots of hot dogs.  I've got a theory that Hot Dogs are GOOD for ya!  Yep, exactly what I said.  Now, I'm sure this requires a explanation.  The fact is that everybody knows that hot dogs are full of preservatives and the like.  So I figure if ya eat enough of em you'll wind up living forever.  ;D
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

MULE_MAN

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work that way    :) You might want to spend a like
time & rethink that   :D  :D  :D  ;D
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

jjmk98k

A local German Butcher shop makes fresh hot dogs ( weiners) and that are DANG good tasting, no more ball park dogs for me.....

I never had venison dogs, I 'll bet that are quite flavorful.
Jim

Warminster PA, not quite hell, but it is a local phone call. SUPPORT THE TROOPS!

Riles

Actually, all the preservatives means your body won't rot. We could prop you up in the corner at all the piggy roasts for the next hundred years.
Knowledge is good -- Faber College

moosehunter

Sorry, no recipe. Hot dogs are the only part of a Deer I do not process myself. The shop that does the hot dogs uses the meat we supply mixed 50/50 with pork that he butchers himself. No preservatives, just good eatin' 8)
MH

ohsoloco

Quote from: moosehunter on April 28, 2005, 04:40:25 PM
Sorry, no recipe. Hot dogs are the only part of a Deer I do not process myself. The shop that does the hot dogs uses the meat we supply mixed 50/50 with pork that he butchers himself. No preservatives, just good eatin' 8)
MH

Where are the hot dogs on a deer  ???  :D

I have no problem with store bought hot dogs...as long as they're beef  :)

moosehunter

Ohso,                                                                                                                                                     There is one Hot dog in each deer tail. Just cut the tail off & pull out the bone.
&
What part of the beef is in that hot dog ???
MH

OLD_ JD

Moose, hope u will have some left whene i'll be and ure area next fall ;)..iam dieing to try that  ;D
canadien forest ranger

old3dogg

You guys need to try a Sheetzs death dog!Just mustard and onions.I eat then for breakfast! ;D

Cedarman

Had my first slaw dog in WVa in 1969, been eating them ever since. Full course meal on a bun.Mmmmmm
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

old3dogg

Slaw on a dog is GOOD.

tnlogger

can we say nuway chilie  and slaw dogs  ;D

But this here is a southarn thang  :D
gene

etat

I 'really' like em with slaw, onions, hot peppers, relish, cheese and mustard.  My stomach sorta likes to disagree with me that they're good for ya when fixed like this.   I still say all them preservatives and dye and stuff is  good for ya. :)
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

Teri

Hot Dogs are NASTY!!!  I bit into one once and it wasn't meat, or meat product of any sort.  :o :o  That was the last time I had one. I'd rather eat tree bark.  :D

Fla._Deadheader

That's why I got ya hanging out around here.  ;) ;) ;D ;D :D :D :D :D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Teri

Ifin it wernt for  them hot dogs supper around the deadheaders camp would be slim. smiley_thumbsup.     Swampy Ed

etat

Teri, I'm worried about ya.  That's probably what's wrong with yer stomach, ya ain't got enough preservatives and dye and chemicals and stuff in it.  Rounded meals of hot dogs, bologna, potted meat, and Vienna sausage ought to fix ya up in no time! :)  Now and then be sure and throw in some slaw, pickles, mustard, peppers, Chile, stuff like that! :)

Teri

:D :D :D :D :D

CK You're probably right. But I'll still stick to the tree bark.  ;D

Fla._Deadheader

Teri really likes Spam.  ;D ;D
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

leweee

The other mystery meat :D :)
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

Teri

That is...   STUFF  POSING  AS  MEAT   :-X :-X :-X

Thank You Sponsors!