iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First day at the mill

Started by thedeeredude, April 27, 2005, 07:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thedeeredude

Wahoooooo 8)  Got called into the mill this morning cuz they were short handed.  Stacked lumber from 8-4, except while the carriage wasn't working right and the chipper needed new knives, oh yeah and lunch, can't forget the food part :D. 

Part_Timer

congrats

Is it going to be full or part time?

Yah don't forget lunch ;)
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

tnlogger

congrats on the job now dont get to many splinters in yer hands :D
gene

customsawyer

Am pleased to hear it is not just me that don't get to good of millage out of dem grits. :D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

UNCLEBUCK

Good for you deeredude !  Let us know how sore you are in a few days . I bet you be waiting for the next opening in the sawyers spot and get trained in . Then next year I can ask you all my sawing questions !   smiley_contract
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

TN_man

God for you 8)
It is good to hear about a youngin' that is glad to go to work nowadays.
WM LT-20 solar-kiln Case 885 4x4 w/ front end loader  80 acre farm  little time or money

thedeeredude

Grits?  ugggghhhhhh.  I don't even know what grits look like but my guess is they taste like roadkill thats been out for a week or two :D  Yeah, its part time for now, but come summer, its gonna be full time.

RacinRex

Heck most of the youngins today can't even spell werk  ;)
81 Massey Ferguson 275 W/ loader
Stihl 046
Simplicity Bandmill
04 Dodge 2500 4x4 Quad Cab CTD
A whole shop full of wood working tools
and this is my hobby :)

dail_h

OH BOY the green chain ;D ;D ;D Son that's the only place to start----it's all up from there. 8) 8) 8) Stick with it ,learn everything you can,and in no time at all,why shoot,y'all 'l be in that little glass box wif all them levers ,an buttons an switches ,an stuff an be jest like JEFF THE BIG BOSS
World Champion Wildcat Sorter,1999 2002 2004 2005
      Volume Discount At ER
Singing The Song Of Circle Again

thedeeredude

You mean werk is spelled with an O instead of an E?  Is tink is time fur me ta go back to dat skool hows :o

Tom

UNCLEBUCK

Hey deeredude if you really want to advance up the line fast read the sawing bible book called "circular sawmills and their efficient operation" by stanford j. lunstrum  ok ! Its not that thick so read it many times !  Then I can ask you questions  ;D
UNCLEBUCK    bridge burner/bridge mender

thedeeredude

UNCLEBUCK,
If the book isn't that thick, why don't you read it 5 times and tell me how to saw? :D

Thank You Sponsors!