iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

husky262xp ?

Started by 9shooter, June 14, 2005, 02:10:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

9shooter

I was offered a 262xp by a friend who just wants some lumber on barter someday. He said he had'nt used it much when it had a 'problem' resulting in a new jug and piston. He had'nt been able to start it since. It's been in his barn for years.  Of course it started right up for me and seemed to run fine. I was wondering what this saw's h.p. rating is and what the mix ratio is for husky saws. It's been 20 years since I've owned one and things get rusty.
Earth First! We'll log the other planet's later!

tony_marks

u know u are very lucky ,it sounds like . the book calls for 50-1 ,id suspect with husk oil . with the usual self promotional statement of using a richer mix if u dont use husky oil. stihl echo and others are just as good. ive taken to mixing 1/3 husky and 2/3 mx2t ,at 35-1. the syn doesnt foul plugs and leave deposits of oils in exhaust and other unseen places. this works good for me.
but u safe at 40-1 . id advise with husk oil. i say that as u may be burying the bar in hardwood ,and well i just fell like im doing my saw better.
anycase congrats on u saw. if u dont want it.. have him contact me 7049825822. mabe i can trade him another tool he needs more. but not my saws.have a good one.sorry for rambling :)

Kevin

62cc, great saw ... I have had one for several years and mix 40:1.
Should be around 4-4.5 HP.

Thank You Sponsors!